• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scorecard Draft

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well tbf, being able to change squads defeats the object of picking 12 IMO.
We allowed a 12th pick because some people had to pick 2 or 3 times out of the ****test era after we'd bled it dry. So to allow people to change their sides means that the people who had to make those 2 or 3 picks are still at a disadvantage.

Then again, if people are so desperate to win the sim. Whatevs.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
See it's as simple as this - If I was told this earlier, I would have kept Manny Martindale in my XI for the poll. You, marc brothers, have any reply to this?

It's amusing how anybody didn't object to this here when I declared this much before the poll. Probably they were waiting for the right time because they're too desparate to win the sim? :p

By the way, I'm not desparate to win the sim; I'm desparate to do better in the sim than I did in the poll. (so that my prediction comes true)

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
We allowed a 12th pick because some people had to pick 2 or 3 times out of the ****test era after we'd bled it dry. So to allow people to change their sides means that the people who had to make those 2 or 3 picks are still at a disadvantage.

Then again, if people are so desperate to win the sim. Whatevs.
That was just their poor luck. :ph34r:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because of the unfairness of some people having to lick 2 or 3 players from the 19th century. Thus I refer you to my original post on the matter.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
shouldn't the majority decide again on this then?

And Weldone, do you seriously think it would make THAT much of a difference?

kingkallis

International Coach
pskov said he would do it! I am done with half of the teams but unfortunately people might change their teams - I will try to finish teams by Sunday if I get all the teams.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Are we having the sim?

If not, I'm ready with my version of the auction draft. Should we go ahead with that?

If not, anybody else has any other draft idea? If yes, I won't mind participating (provided it's not a t20 draft).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
me...you are probably the winner of this draft (though your keeper might let you down while keeping to the quality spinners you have in your side :p )...and though this draft was more about luck than my auction draft is going to be...

This draft might not have been a fair format, but it surely was an amazing learning experience for me...learnt about some fine players I didn't know (started with George Ulyett :) ), learnt about some teams, learnt about some interesting matches, and some interesting scorecards.

Last edited: