• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scorecard Draft

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Seems like you have not checked the voting yet...
I have, but really it doesn't make much of a difference. My (half-)team's pretty much the weakest in the draft, so it doesn't really matter where I hold my home games, they're still going to lose most of the time, simply because everyone else's teams are so much better than mine. (Not that my team's necessarily bad, they're all good players, it's more to do with the awesomeness of everyone else's sides). I would be interested to know who it was that actually gave my team a vote (it wasn't me FTR!)

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI's home ground is Newlands, Capetown, RSA. Rated as one of the most beautiful cricket ground!

Records Played 45 Result 36 Draw 9

It offers some help to the quicks and remains fantastic for batting as well. Marshall, Hall and Hughes surely can bowl on any turf [ remaining ones ] but this will offer something for ALL. ( Anderson, Morkel and Steyn did show how good they can be on that surface in last game )

I have O'Reilly and Faulkner as my spinners and I am sure they will enjoy bowling on Newlands as well. ( Harris grounded Australia here in 2009 )

Himannv

International Coach
Murali and Tayfield is pretty good and the best in my view. Underwood and Trumble is good as well although I suspect they may be a bit too similar to each other.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's the best spin attack among all teams here...
Might be third (after O'Reilly and Faulkner, and Murali and Tayfield)), especially outside subcontinent.
Murali and Tayfield is pretty good and the best in my view. Underwood and Trumble is good as well although I suspect they may be a bit too similar to each other.
I think I agree with Sam here.

Murali & Tayfield is an awesome combo and I'll grab the 2nd spot there :p
Yeah Murali and Tayfield playing at Galle will be an absolute handful. It's the one big area where I would give my team an excellent chance of competing against most teams.

pskov

International 12th Man
Yeah Murali and Tayfield playing at Galle will be an absolute handful. It's the one big area where I would give my team an excellent chance of competing against most teams.
Murali and Tayfield playing at Galle was why I voted for you.

kingkallis

International Coach
I was trying my hands on CricSim [ Found on CW ] and it looks pretty good.

Shall we start posting our teams for the sim now?

If yes, I will leave Hughes for Ironmonger!

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'd drop Roy Gilchrist to include Manny Martindale for the sim.

Do we need to specify details about our home ground conditions for the sim?

Last edited: