• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scorecard Draft

pskov

International 12th Man
Boycott (according to me) is among top 7-8 openers of all-time, surely (arguably among top 6).
I thought this was an interesting comment as I'm not sure I'd rate Boycott that highly amongst openers.

Openers I'd definitely have rated higher than Boycott

Sutcliffe
Hobbs
Gavaskar
Trumper
Grace (if you consider him an opener)
Shrewsbury
Hutton
Hayden

Openers that I could arguably place above Boycott

Barnes
Lawry
Greenidge
Simpson
Sehwag
Ponsford
Mitchell
Smith

Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for me to have him outside my top 10 openers list, though I'd have to look into it more of course rather than just off the top of my head. And that's not to say you are wrong or anything, just my opinion.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Almost definitely not in my top 10 openers...

ATG is a very subjective term also.

List of all time greats would for me mean you are top 5 in your position (at the least). Ultimately I feel it's thrown around far too much here, but as I said, ATG is at best a subjective term.

kingkallis

International Coach
Richie Richardson
Saurav Ganguly
Gundappa Vishwanath
Mohammad Azharuddin
Saeed Anwar
Daniel Vettori
Mushtaq Ahmed
Damien Martyn
Daryll Cullinan
Heath Streak
Stephen Fleming
Chris Cairns
Micheal Atherton
Herschelle Gibbs
Chaminda Vaas
Javagal Srinath
Murray Goodwin
Robin Smith

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Uhh...I don't really have much of a clue what to do with my home ground. Will select the WACA, Perth. McKenzie's home ground I believe, and Voce should also be able to exploit the bounce of the traditional WACA Pitch.The batsman should also have the skill to overcame the pace and bounce, with plenty of skilled players of fast bowling in the top order.

Final XI:

Washbrook
Slater
Dravid
M Jayawardene
H Taylor
Macartney
V Mankad
Healy (wkt.)
Voce
McKenzie
Asif

kingkallis

International Coach
Uhh...I don't really have much of a clue what to do with my home ground. Will select the WACA, Perth. McKenzie's home ground I believe, and Voce should also be able to exploit the bounce of the traditional WACA Pitch.The batsman should also have the skill to overcame the pace and bounce, with plenty of skilled players of fast bowling in the top order.

Final XI:

Washbrook
Slater
Dravid
M Jayawardene
H Taylor
Macartney
V Mankad
Healy (wkt.)
Voce
McKenzie
Asif
Seems like you have not checked the voting yet...