• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16 matches

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are 'keepers allowed to move off their line at all for a penalty? Also, am I correct in saying that the penalty taker cannot pause during their run-up?

That Rodriguez goal though, wow.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone here should watch this ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "30 for 30" The Two Escobars (TV Episode 2010) - IMDb
Yeah watched this for the 4th time before the tournament. Best documentary I've seen.

I remember watching the first time and being a bit sceptical when everyone was gushing about how good the Colombia team had become. Then they show the highlights of the game where they smash Argentina in Buenos Aires and it's like... oh, okay then.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Are 'keepers allowed to move off their line at all for a penalty? Also, am I correct in saying that the penalty taker cannot pause during their run-up?

That Rodriguez goal though, wow.
They might as well be allowed to move seeing as referees do **** all about it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah watched this for the 4th time before the tournament. Best documentary I've seen.

I remember watching the first time and being a bit sceptical when everyone was gushing about how good the Colombia team had become. Then they show the highlights of the game where they smash Argentina in Buenos Aires and it's like... oh, okay then.
They went into that tournament as one of the favourites for a reason.

Amusingly, Bolivia thumped Brazil 5-0 in qualifying. IIRC it was Brazil's first ever defeat in qualifying.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pumped up for the game today. Robben to continue being the best player in the tournament.

Who are the best keepers in the world, out of interest? Near every match has people saying the keeping is ****.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Argentina only got through via play-off V Aus that time round as well
They were ****ing guff in the tournament as well from memory. Won their first game convincingly enough vs Greece but then Maradona got caught taking drugs and IIRC they lost to Nigeria in the group stages then got papped out by Romania.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pumped up for the game today. Robben to continue being the best player in the tournament.

Who are the best keepers in the world, out of interest? Near every match has people saying the keeping is ****.
Robben needs to put in a performance to get back level with Rodriguez imo. Comfortably the two best players so far.

And probably Courtouis, Neuer, or Buffon (who I haven't seen play much for ages so I don't really know how he is now) are the best ones. Lots of rubbish ones out there for sure.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They were ****ing guff in the tournament as well from memory. Won their first game convincingly enough vs Greece but then Maradona got caught taking drugs and IIRC they lost to Nigeria in the group stages then got papped out by Romania.
They finished 3rd in the group but did win two games in the process. Two groups finished with three teams on 6 points in that World Cup. Hasn't happened since, for the best as you'd feel a tad hard done by winning 2 and going out

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
De Jong off. Good for football, but seems like he carried a groin injury into the game...another solid move by van Gaal then.