• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Role of rain in semi final line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weather App saying rain forecast Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for England’s Chennai.

Victor Ian

International Coach
If this is such an inherently flawed system then why do semi and other Pakistan fans only care to point that out to us once Pakistan got eliminated from the WC, and not the hundreds of other times it has been used in ICC tournaments?

Such a clear agenda behind this line of thought. If Pakistan made it through this thread wouldn't exist.

NRR is fine and nothing needs to change apart from the fans' attitude to defeat. Stop blaming external factors and just move on with your lives.
It's so easy to move on when that just means start supporting the next team on your list. Sympathise with the unfortunate majority who only support one team.

cnerd123

likes this
It's so easy to move on when that just means start supporting the next team on your list. Sympathise with the unfortunate majority who only support one team.
Nah **** that. Go support some domestic clubs and associate nations and be a good cricket fan you ****. They need the love and attention, and you won't spend all your time dwelling over minutiae like these idiots.

Burgey

Nah **** that. Go support every domestic club and every associate nation and be a good cricket fan you ****. They need the love and attention, and you won't spend all your time dwelling over minutiae like these idiots.
Ok

Burgey

Yeah. This is why I wanted to finish top tbh. It's less of an issue these days with how grounds drain etc, but you just never know. It's a crap way to decide a tournament, but them's the rules. You'd want an asterisk next to whoever wins it if the final is washed out, and I don't say that because of Australia finishing second. I've won and lost comps as a result of weather, and while it's still a decent drink with the lads, it always felt a bit hollow, truisms about being consistent and finishing first notwithstanding.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hello all!

It has been an exciting WC but I am gutted that Pakistan could not make it because of a farcical rule. Objectively speaking, New Zealand really do not deserve to be anywhere near the semis.

Pakistan beat 2 of the semi-finalists and were unlucky to chase Vs the other 2. New Zealand barely made it past the minnows and were very lucky to get away with wins Vs SA and WI. In the h2h match Pakistan thrashed them soundly despite losing the toss and being asked to chase. If we were to make a combined NZ-Pak team, only Taylor, Williamson, Ferguson and Boult would make the combined 11. On every metric, Pakistan fans can rightfully claim that their team has been superior in this tournament.

Looking ahead now, I hope Australia can win this. India and England don't really deserve to be champions based on the display they put up against each other.

OverratedSanity

Pakistan were ****ting their pants against Afghanistan and needed a terrible umpiring decision and the opposing captain going insane to beat them.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Weather App saying rain forecast Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for England’s Chennai.
The British Met Office says the forecast for Thursday is cloudy with a chance of evening showers, so seemingly nothing too much to worry about yet.

TheJediBrah

Hello all!

It has been an exciting WC but I am gutted that Pakistan could not make it because of a farcical rule. Objectively speaking, New Zealand really do not deserve to be anywhere near the semis.

Pakistan beat 2 of the semi-finalists and were unlucky to chase Vs the other 2. New Zealand barely made it past the minnows and were very lucky to get away with wins Vs SA and WI. In the h2h match Pakistan thrashed them soundly despite losing the toss and being asked to chase. If we were to make a combined NZ-Pak team, only Taylor, Williamson, Ferguson and Boult would make the combined 11. On every metric, Pakistan fans can rightfully claim that their team has been superior in this tournament.

Looking ahead now, I hope Australia can win this. India and England don't really deserve to be champions based on the display they put up against each other.
Pakistan shouldn't have lost to the minnows m8 then you wouldn't be in this position

and lol @ "farcical rule"

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Way too much whining. That too over the wrong thing. It will have some merit to rue the fact that rain washed out 2 important games results of which could have put Pak in semis. But the NRR rule is not farcical in the least.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan were ****ting their pants against Afghanistan and needed a terrible umpiring decision and the opposing captain going insane to beat them.
There was never any doubt about Pakistan beating Afghanistan despite how deep the game went. Credit to Afghanistan for playing well but Pakistan were in cruise control throughout. One of those occasions where the final scorecard makes it out to closer than it is. New Zealand should have lost to WI, SA and India. Pakistan would have beaten SL for sure.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan shouldn't have lost to the minnows m8 then you wouldn't be in this position

and lol @ "farcical rule"
What minnows did Pakistan lose to? They were terribly unlucky to lose the toss and get thrown in at the deep end in the very first game of the WC. The pitch was fast and bouncy and suited WI to the T. Like most other external factors and dare I say "luck" this WC, that also went against Pak.

Status
Not open for further replies.