• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2017-18 Ashes in Australia

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope we prepare flat pitches, bat first, hope Starc wastes the new ball.
Interesting thought, if all 4 quicks are playing who takes the new ball?

Moot question though. All 4 will never be fit at the same time. I'd be surprised if we even get 3 of them fit at the same time.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting thought, if all 4 quicks are playing who takes the new ball?

Moot question though. All 4 will never be fit at the same time. I'd be surprised if we even get 3 of them fit at the same time.
Haze obviously, because he has control. But the other there is a good question. They'd give it to Starc because he's a lefty and a known swing bowler, although he seemed to have a case of the Mitchell Johnson seam wobble at times last summer. He's gotta pitch it up at the start and not bowl too many bouncers, especially as he still doesn't seem to have mastered the good length ball.

Neither Pattinson nor Cummins seem to swing it as much with their modified actions since their injuries, especially Pattinson (annoyingly, as he's my personal favourite) so maybe they'd be better going on first and second change, as neither is exceptionally accurate.

And yeah, it's a moot point anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Talk of Broad's demise is premature. Jimmy will better his 2010-11 performance.

Root will average 100+, Cook too.

Burgey will be the worst poster in the subbie.

we will have the urn safely home before the year is out

4-0 England

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Talk of Broad's demise is premature. Jimmy will better his 2010-11 performance.

Root will average 100+, Cook too.

Burgey will be the worst poster in the subbie.

we will have the urn safely home before the year is out

4-0 England
Yeah I'm not really concerned with Broad yet. I know he hasn't been at his wrecking ball best this summer, but he has still managed to get in the wickets reasonably consistently. He'll step up for the Ashes, of that I'm sure.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Days 3,4 and 5 at Sydney will be rained off leaving us regretting the dropped catch that would have wrapped the game up at the end of day two

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the Aus pace quartet ever took the field together if bowl Hazlewood with Pattinson with the new ball followed by Starc and Cummins. But really all three have a case to open with Hazlewood.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I think the Adelaide test is the best opening for England in this series, with the pink ball and greener pitch giving Anderson a chance. Don't think England attack will have the pace to threaten at the WACA, and the other 3 grounds have been utter roads with the GABBA, MCG, SCG, averaging 38, 33, 38 respectively since 2010. On these pitches Australia should run up 450+ with some ease.

TheJediBrah

If the Aus pace quartet ever took the field together if bowl Hazlewood with Pattinson with the new ball followed by Starc and Cummins. But really all three have a case to open with Hazlewood.
Purely hypothetical, but Starc would have to be given the new ball. Probably with Hazlewood though if it were up to me it would be Pattinson.

Cummins is probably the only one of the 4 who definitely wouldn't take the newey if they played together.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It will be an Oz 5-0 white wash. Warner on concrete wickets? England's dibbly-dobbly green-seamers? Dodgy England upper order batting? How can it be any other?

SeamUp

International Coach
Sam Northeast

It is only division 2 but still.

I see Gillespie has him in his team.

By the sounds of it, his 100 yesterday was top drawer. Some say his best.

flibbertyjibber

Northeast? No.

Picking blokes who have a career average below 40 has worked so well this year hasn't it. The fact this guy has played in division 2 since 2010 and he doesn't average 40 says something surely?