• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to IPL 2009.

Precambrian

Banned
:no: at Clarke's pricing. Ridiculous for a mediocre limited overs batsman and a pie chucker. Value in the field though but not for so much.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Shakib Al Hasan, Jesse Ryder, JP Duminy, Tyron Henderson, Morne Van Wyk, Shaun Tait and Jerome Taylor are the ones to buy, imo.

Precambrian

Banned
Shakib Al Hasan, Jesse Ryder, JP Duminy, Tyron Henderson, Morne Van Wyk, Shaun Tait and Jerome Taylor are the ones to buy, imo.
Pretty sure Shakib's and Ryder;s prices will touch 200,000, if not more. Shakib, at anything below 200k is a steal.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Bopara is a pretty decent buy, classy batsman, good fielder, okay bowler, has some marketability coming from a British Indian background. Mind you, following on from my comments about KPs T20 record, Bopara's is also not so great.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Bopara is a pretty decent buy, classy batsman, good fielder, okay bowler, has some marketability coming from a British Indian background. Mind you, following on from my comments about KPs T20 record, Bopara's is also not so great.
Indeed, especially considering he plays at Chelmesford(?) which is a very small ground(?). Correct me if I am wrong on either of those counts.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, especially considering he plays at Chelmesford(?) which is a very small ground(?). Correct me if I am wrong on either of those counts.
Nope, right on both counts. Although he missed most of the T20 season last year (3 matches, ave 33) on accounts of the daft ECB scheduling that clashes ODIs with the domestic T20 rather than tests.

pup11

International Coach
The IPL has released the final list of 43 players who will be up for auction in Goa on February 6 with Kevin Pietersen commanding the highest base price at $1.35 million. Michael Clarke and Andrew Flintoff are second and third with base prices of $1 million and $950,000 respectively.

The new list has only 43 players - the original had 111 - and includes 15 from Australia, four from Bangladesh, seven from England, three from New Zealand, five from South Africa, four from Sri Lanka, and five from West Indies.

South Africa's JP Duminy has a base price of $300,000, the highest for South Africa, while Kyle Mills' $150,000 is the best for New Zealand. Each franchise has a maximum of US$2m to spend on their overseas signings in the auction.

Cricinfo - Pietersen's base price confirmed at $1.35 million
Its mind-boggling that the base-prices of KP and Clarke and Freddie are that high, it means there is still a chance that their prices might still go up a bit...:blink:

Precambrian

Banned
Its mind-boggling that the base-prices of KP and Clarke and Freddie are that high, it means there is still a chance that their prices might still go up a bit...:blink:
Wonder anyone will bid for Clarke. Fred is value even at that price, and I hope Royals get him. KP is more of showpony than real T20 value imho, so fingers crossed.

pup11

International Coach
Wonder anyone will bid for Clarke. Fred is value even at that price, and I hope Royals get him. KP is more of showpony than real T20 value imho, so fingers crossed.
"Most of the franchises know who they want and what they want to pay."

Clarke's manager Chris White confirmed IPL franchises are gunning for the Blues batsman.
"There has been a lot of interest," he said. "We need to make a decision soon because the auction isn't far away."

This is the comment that came from Clarke's manager when there was obviously indecision regarding his participation, but obviously there is high demand for him that's why his base-price is so high.

Precambrian

Banned
"Most of the franchises know who they want and what they want to pay."

Clarke's manager Chris White confirmed IPL franchises are gunning for the Blues batsman.
"There has been a lot of interest," he said. "We need to make a decision soon because the auction isn't far away."

This is the comment that came from Clarke's manager when there was obviously indecision regarding his participation, but obviously there is high demand for him that's why his base-price is so high.
No utility in Clarke's signing for such an amount, and would mean using up 50% of resources available for bidding on just one player.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
No utility in Clarke's signing for such an amount, and would mean using up 50% of resources available for bidding on just one player.
Not really now though, as anyone replacing a Pakistani player (although just a one-year signing) comes from outside the salary cap.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Most teams need just one or two players anyway. There's a 10 man cap on overseas signings. I think Delhi has already signed up 10 and won't be involved in the auction.

EDIT: Asif has no contract though. So, if they have 9, we might very well see KP or Flintoff or even Clarke or Tait head towards Delhi.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Doesn't make sense that Pietersen would be 5x the base price of Clark. Would you rather have 5 Clark's or one Pietersen ? If I was a franchise owner, I'd aim for the guys around $400,000 or less, and get actual quality players that can stay the whole season. I'd make a lot of money, for almost no tradeoff in performance.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Doesn't make sense that Pietersen would be 5x the base price of Clark. Would you rather have 5 Clarke's or one Pietersen ? If I was a frachise owner, I'd aim for the guys around $400,000 or less, and get actual quality players that can stay the whole season. I'd make a lot of money, for almost no tradeoff in performance.
Too un-SS the above post, Clark, Clarke, frachise.....

:confused::wheelchai:crutch: