• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richards v Tendulkar - ODIs

Who is the best ODI batsman of all time?

• Total voters

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
To me Tendulkar has seen the hardest and the softest times in ODI cricket and he has survived and retained fitness during these times. In the 90s some of the most furious fast bowlers were at their peaks and Tendulkar did reasonably well against them. Most of all, him coming back from an elbow injury and making ground breaking achievements like his recent knock, by all means gets my vote........

SRT averages 35+ where ever he played against a non - minnow. But Viv's average is very much less against Pakistan who had the best bowling attack at the time behind WI, and notably the only class spinner in the ranks. The impression I get is if there were better attacks around, Viv would have averaged less.
Yet Viv(39.42) averages more in Pakistan than SRT(36.92).

So Viv was better than SRT against Pak on their home turf and they had the best bowling with the only notable spinner I get the impression straws are being clutched at.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Viv Richards wouldn't have been able to handle a pace bowler like Irfan Pathan, nor would he have lasted a ball against a spinner like Sehwag.

/easteregg.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Yet Viv(39.42) averages more in Pakistan than SRT(36.92).

So Viv was better than SRT against Pak on their home turf and they had the best bowling with the only notable spinner I get the impression straws are being clutched at.
Care to explain to me the reason games against Pakistan elsewhere don't count?

jeevan

International 12th Man
Wasn't really that aware of Bevan's stats so looked it up.

6 tons in 196 innings (Dhoni 7 in 147)
46 50's (Dhoni 35)
Strike rate of 75 (Dhoni, SR 90)
67 not outs in 196 innings does boost his average, as he does not cross it almost 3 out of 4 times! (Dhoni, 37 NO)

Bevan has a good record, but comparing to Richards & SRT? Come on!!