• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richards v Tendulkar - ODIs

Who is the best ODI batsman of all time?

• Total voters

Maximus0723

State Regular
Wasn't really that aware of Bevan's stats so looked it up.

6 tons in 196 innings (Dhoni 7 in 147)
46 50's (Dhoni 35)
Strike rate of 75 (Dhoni, SR 90)
67 not outs in 196 innings does boost his average, as he does not cross it almost 3 out of 4 times! (Dhoni, 37 NO)

Bevan has a good record, but comparing to Richards & SRT? Come on!!
Yes we know Jeevan. thank you.

Let's all( oh boy I said all) put end to this.

jeevan

International 12th Man
And it is impossible to overlook the higher SR, just as much as it is impossible to overlook Sehwag's SR in tests in comparison to, say, Hayden.

SRT has had Ganguly and Sehwag to bat with for the majority of his career with Dravid (underrated ODI player) to follow, as well Yuvi, Dhoni in the last 200 games or so.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
No you are not. You can say some one's point is crap or stupid. To attack a person personally by stating he is 'lacking intellect' (like GIMH stated) or crap or asshole (like I said to put across my point) is not a debating the point any more. It is an ad hominem attack.
I'm entitled to my opinion, and entitled to voice it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sledger in his first away game after a long time(in CC). Will he turn out to be a home track bully by not equaling his awesome home record(social bar)?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am 99.99% sure you are not allowed to attack some one personally on the forum even if you have a degrading opinion about him in your mind.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Saying what your opinion is on someone is not a personal attack. Me saying I think you are an idiot would not be against the rules. Or at least if it is, I guess the mods have waved it for the last 6 months.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah you are only allowed to call them assholes.
Err I said it to put across my point. This is the second time you are saying this against me.

I never had any issue with GIMH and didn't think his post needed to be reported even. I really think we should shut this topic for good.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Err I said it to put across my point. This is the second time you are saying this against me.

I never had any issue with GIMH and didn't think his post needed to be reported even. I really think we should shut this topic for good.