• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quiz Draft Voting Thread

Who drafted the best team?

• Total voters

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The most entertaining team by far is GF's. Every single player is incredibly watchable, and a beautifully balanced and high quality line up too.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally voted for Kingkallis, Himannav and Honest Hunks. Couldn't decide and between Honestbharani and Blakus, then decided Blakus and chose H.B in error, both equal teams but felt that Barnes, Hall and Lindwall in their peak would be irresistable.
KingKallis best team overall though..........along with mine of course. :)

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It is nice to see a draft where the teams are all fairly even relatively speaking. If the vote were based on who you'd like to watch then GF would walk it though.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Eds and Blakus were relatively straight-forward for me. Plenty of good teams to select from for the 3rd place, in the end I went with Bradman's team.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks to all those that voted for my side. :) I didn't expect to accumulate too many votes since I opted to pick my side based on a theme, i.e. the early legends of test cricket, rather than selecting based on pure statistics or more commonly known recent players. Very pleased with my final line-up either way. I guess its impossible to know how my side would fare against modern line-ups on covered pitches, with technology and higher quality equipment and the like; but I think silentstriker's video might well be applicable to my side. ;)

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeah, but you have an extremely long tail too. Knott is not an ATXI #6 :p
See its very simple - my TOP 5 scores around 250 and last 6 adds 130+ ( By going with the average )

And that means I can easily score 350+ in every inning.

My bowlers can wind most of the teams around 250 which means a lead of 100+ - come on mate what else you want? :D haha!

Eds

International Debutant
See its very simple - my TOP 5 scores around 250 and last 6 adds 130+ ( By going with the average )

And that means I can easily score 350+ in every inning.

My bowlers can wind most of the teams around 250 which means a lead of 100+ - come on mate what else you want? :D haha!
That's not right though is it. You're using general Test averages to judge that. Against any of these other teams, I feel you'd struggle to get 300 consistently, due to the quality of the bowling attacks. I think you need a combined Test batting average of about 400 overall to be of suitable quality against these bowling attacks (although of course, earlier batsmen will have lower averages).

You'd also need to do the same thing with your bowlers. They're not going to take wickets at their Test averages in this competition.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks Howe, great draft.

T-3rd not bad for my 2nd draft.

Congrats everyone.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Good job organizing this. Can't have been easy hunting for questions and answers which would be ideal for this. Additionally, this is quite a new concept for a draft.

Eds

International Debutant
Himannv did particularly well considering he was lower down the order most rounds. Great performance mate.