• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Spark

Global Moderator
A periodic reminder that ban lengths are set automatically. Don't know why this keeps being missed tbh.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought he meant well tbh. Six months is hardcore, especially considering articles are copied and pasted onto literally every forum
Agreed and I feel sad about the ban. Copy pasting schedule and squads from other sites is what a lot of us have been doing as well. I am not sure where he copied articles since what I mostly see is him just creating tour threads and not discussing much.

The forum will definitely miss him.

It will be great if whoever reported him and I think that is a lot of people start creating those tour threads in CW from their side now that they've taken him out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Agreed and I feel sad about the ban. Copy pasting schedule and squads from other sites is what a lot of us have been doing as well. I am not sure where he copied articles since what I mostly see is him just creating tour threads and not discussing much.

The forum will definitely miss him.

It will be great if whoever reported him and I think that is a lot of people start creating those tour threads in CW from their side now that they've taken him out.
The posts that got reported over the last few weeks and were warned about were mostly of the "copy pasted article without any attribution" variety, not the "dates for tour thread OP" variety.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I found him pretty tedious really. I do think there's a problem if someone's been asked not to do some aspect but are unwilling to listen to that advice. Don't think I reported him though.

I would have liked to put him on ignore, but pretty hard to when he's starting all the tour threads.

Spark

Global Moderator
lol who gives
if we were banning people for something that could be described as low effort posting you'd have to nix half the forum
I didn't say the reason he was banned was that it was low effort posting though. I said it was plagiarism.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I found him pretty tedious really. I do think there's a problem if someone's been asked not to do some aspect but are unwilling to listen to that advice. Don't think I reported him though.

I would have liked to put him on ignore, but pretty hard to when he's starting all the tour threads.
Yeah agreed.

Like I'm sure he meant no harm but if he's warned and still did it then meh. Plagiarism is strange though, I'd have done him for unaesthetic thread titles.