• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
these are from previous dances on this rodeo

John1990 has been banned for a week for consistently over-the-top aggressive posting leading to various infractions.
John1990 has been banned for a month due to a serial offender infraction (related to a long-standing problem with unnecessarily aggressive posting)
John1990 has been banned for three months for infraction points relating to trolling or baiting, and some carry over points from his previous ban.
unfortunate that it had to come to this but there was no real idea whether the guy was spiralling off a cliff or doing a bit.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
these are from previous dances on this rodeo

unfortunate that it had to come to this but there was no real idea whether the guy was spiralling off a cliff or doing a bit.
I mean you can go two ways on it. Was his act killing the forum? Didn't seem so but maybe. Same time, has the forum lost anything?

A 6 month ban is a sledgehammer. Take it from me. But maybe that's what John wanted.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You could see a ban coming a mile off. Almost as if he wanted it. He didn't engage in good faith and just seemed to be posting for the sake of it sometimes.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ymaxxxx was a bad poster but perma'd?

What he do. Links if possible plz.
He has like 150 posts and somehow already got himself a ****load of infraction points. Plus he was lying about his location, plus every second post was a horrible troll of some kind. He just seemed to be a generic anti-Indian troll, no point keeping him around.

Spark

Global Moderator
what exactly did he do in specific terms

like a bit more specificity than "he was a bad poster/ he did a lot of trolling"
Made like half a dozen infractable posts in the space of 24 hours coming off a massive ban when he'd been around for about five minutes beforehand.

Also as a general rule, if you pretend to be from somewhere and be someone that you aren't, you're probably getting banned on general anti-multi hygiene grounds.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Made like half a dozen infractable posts in the space of 24 hours coming off a massive ban when he'd been around for about five minutes beforehand.

Also as a general rule, if you pretend to be from somewhere and be someone that you aren't, you're probably getting banned on general anti-multi hygiene grounds.
So you guys finally listenedtome