• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the politics subbie does serve a decent purpose in not choking up OT with a lot of pretty heavy discussion. I think the dedicated subbie is a good thing, just as it has proved with the twin cancers of drafts and mafia being removed from the main stream.

Burgey

I didn't ragequit tbf. I tediumquit.

I can't do stuff like mafia or drafts. It just bores me senseless. Nothing wrong with it, and if people like it, well and good.

But if I want to play at pretends, I'll whack on the superhero outfit and pretend I can fly, which is about as interesting and realistic as both of those other activities. "oooh err, why would you post that, maybe it means you're really x, y, z make believe character instead of a,b,c make believe character..."

Get in the bin ffs. Don't people outgrow that when their balls drop?

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket drafts, especially those with specific rules regarding selection criteria, require a certain amount of research into cricket history and statistics. These may be aspects that some perceive as boring but, as a genuine lover of cricket and cricket history, I find cricket drafts quite stimulating. I appreciate they may not be of interest to everyone but to call them a "cancer" is over the top.

Burgey

I'm not saying they don't require research into history & stats, I'm simply saying I find them boring beyond any measure known to humankind. That's all. I just don't get a kick out of putting together a make believe team of players who never played together, and somehow measure it against someone else's make believe team which never played together, all while invariably leaving the best batsman ever to play the game out of the reckoning because actually including him would render the whole exercise redundant. Just as a lot of people don't get a kick out of stuff I do or post about. That's cool.

They were a cancer on CC though, because you'd log on and 3/4 or more of the front page would be draft threads. If you actually wanted to discuss real cricket you needed to scroll past a stack of make believe. Which I guess made them like politics threads in OT before that subbie was made.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not denying there was a need for a draft sub-forum. In fact I prefer having them all together.
I can accept that you "find them boring beyond any measure known to humankind" but there are plenty who obviously find then interesting and entertaining.
It all comes down to a matter of personal tastes and preferences and the world would be a rather boring place if everyone had the same opinions, tastes and interests.
I can appreciate your cancer analogy but, because of personal experiences with friends and loved ones suffering, I tend to become a little emotional over the word.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Only two people have ragequit or been banned from mafia - Burgey and Weldone. Quite similar posters actually.
Weldone goes to Australia. Burgey calls him up for a free beer. They drink beer and post on cw while drinking beer from their laptops. Good times.

Flem274*

123/5
burgey's overall point is a good one that i agree with. as watson says, it's best to keep things segregated. off topic is better for the lack of politics threads and im not much of a drafter or mafia guy but lots of people love them so it's better to put them in their own section where people can go all out.
I'll whack on the superhero outfit and pretend I can fly
family forum. what you do in the bedroom is your own business. cut it out.
Get in the bin ffs. Don't people outgrow that when their balls drop?
you admitted you still play with lego

Burgey

Weldone goes to Australia. Burgey calls him up for a free beer. They drink beer and post on cw while drinking beer from their laptops. Good times.
I don’t drink beer these days. Nor have I ever hung out with anti semites