• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - New Zealand, France, Italy, Uruguay, Namibia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeeGee

International Captain
On this performance, NZ can’t beat SA or Ireland. But as England showed in 07, you can improve dramatically in a month.
Not with Ian Foster as your coach.

Ah well, France played well, don't know why we kicked so much ball away particularly when down by 6.
Ask the coach.
The AB's strength has always been their ability to attack with ball in hand from any position on the field. Since Foster all they seem to do is kick possession away. Constantly.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't think it would make much difference before the tournament, but after watching that game I would definitely prefer to meet NZ in the quarters than France.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks effing hot out there.

Azzurri trying to take a few too many liberties that close to their 22. Oooo, did the #11 ground it? Should've slid in.

EDIT: Yup. Knee perilously close to touch though.

ripper868

International Coach
Got there by the barest of margins, but good finish in the end. But yep, it seems to be baking over there, could imagine this will sap the players somewhat.

haven't heard Capuozzo's name in this game yet, seems to all be going to Ioane.

ripper868

International Coach
The Sun definitely making it difficult for the Namibian back three, seem to be staring straight into it based on the shadows.

ripper868

International Coach
Also, I've only seen one replay, as i sit in a mcdonalafs afternsome work beers, but Toefuna has to be a red for the elbow to the head right?

Molehill

International Captain
Nah, not from my seat in the pub with no sound anyway.
Well I'm going to disagree. I was driving home from the gym when the incident happened. Both radio commentators thought it would be red. Got home and watched half time analysis, everyone on the TV panel were struggling to see where the mitigating circumstances were.

But it could be that we're going to see some more leniency now (which is sensible), I just hope we see consistency. Curry can consider himself very unfortunate given I reckon there were 3 more aggressive tackles than his which have made head contact and not been turned into a red (or even a yellow in one case).

ripper868

International Coach
Oh that tackle, yeah I don't disagree, should of been red as its never a legal tackle, so the mitigation therefore doesn't matter.

I thought the comment was about the game more generally, and I didn't think the reffing overall was horribly biased or anything (unlike Wales/Fiji)

Molehill

International Captain
Oh that tackle, yeah I don't disagree, should of been red as its never a legal tackle, so the mitigation therefore doesn't matter.

I thought the comment was about the game more generally, and I didn't think the reffing overall was horribly biased or anything (unlike Wales/Fiji)
Yeah agree, thought he made mistakes but didn't seem to favour anyone in particular. The scrums were a mess and he couldn't work out who was at fault, so he just alternated the penalties it seemed. Uruguay were very lucky not to have anyone yellow carded just before half time. If you pull a maul down that's heading for the line you should be off whether there's been a warning or not.

I also learnt that you can't kick the ball forward when driving through a ruck (as seen for the disallowed French try). Never knew that and been watching rugby for years.