• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - New Zealand, France, Italy, Uruguay, Namibia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripper868

International Coach
Hearing DuPont may have a broken jaw, which would basically be tournament over, huge loss for France and the Tournament as a whole if true.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tonight isn't going to be the night obviously, but you really do wish thye kicked just one more goal in 2015
View attachment 37295

Also, hoping this doesn't go same way as the Aus game in 2003:
View attachment 37296

There has been a couple of 'decent' showings as well, albeit, then followed by not so decent showings:
View attachment 37297
View attachment 37298

They did however finish 17th at RWC 2019, by virtue of a....uh....call it a Draw....
View attachment 37299
They probably would've beaten Canada in 2019 if they'd had the chance. Were the better side

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They've only won 2 matches in ten years but were more competitive this year even if 0-5. Thought they might finally turn us over but wasn't to be
Pretty sure both of those wins were away from home as well. Wales in Cardiff last year and I'm sure they beat us at Murrayfield in 2015.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wasn't so very long ago they knocked the Yarps over too, was it? Suspicion it may've been before the last WC now I think about it though.

ripper868

International Coach
annoyed I've missed this match between Nam and Uru, the Namibian hunt for their first victory goes on, perhaps they'll get drawn v Aus in 2027 and have there chance to avenge the 147-0 of 2003.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Me: I wonder if Uruguay can aim for 3rd in the group to nick an auto-qualifying spot, who's in 3rd in that group at the mom-
1695837110551.png

Oh nvm

ripper868

International Coach
Well, 2 extra rest days than the AB's who will be smarting after a non- BP loss to Italy tomorrow, so anything possible!

Niall

International Coach
annoyed I've missed this match between Nam and Uru, the Namibian hunt for their first victory goes on, perhaps they'll get drawn v Aus in 2027 and have there chance to avenge the 147-0 of 2003.

Seemed to lose the plot in the second half but yeah a fun match.

I think they are the worst side here though, just a little less worse than Australia Romania which isn't saying much sadly.

Molehill

International Captain
Seemed to lose the plot in the second half but yeah a fun match.

I think they are the worst side here though, just a little less worse than Australia Romania which isn't saying much sadly.
I think Chile are in that mix too, they're the lowest ranked.

Namibia have managed to win 3 points in all their matches at the World Cups, and 2 of those were for an abandoned game in Japan! All they've really brought to this tournament are a number of dangerous tackles.

Ali TT

International Regular
I think Chile are in that mix too, they're the lowest ranked.

Namibia have managed to win 3 points in all their matches at the World Cups, and 2 of those were for an abandoned game in Japan! All they've really brought to this tournament are a number of dangerous tackles.
Hard to know what would happen if they met, but Chile at least showed some signs of being able to attack against better sides in their matches so far, even when coming up blank against England. Namibia the weakest side I've seen, although I've not watched Romania this WC and I've blocked that Australian horror show out of my mind. Even as a pom it remains too traumatising to think about.

I guess you could have a play-in style tournament just before the first round, held in the host country in the same way the T20WC does. Six teams, 2 groups of 3 with top two from each making it into the WC as bottom seeds in 4 groups of 4. Matches played alongside the warm-up games.