• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - New Zealand, France, Italy, Uruguay, Namibia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ABs had serious breakdown problems in the second half. Ruined their attacking game completely. The stupid yellow didn’t help either.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
At least England 91 & 07, France 11, and Saffas 19 (champions) made the final after a pool loss, so we are still in the tournament.

BeeGee

International Captain
Congratz to France. I hope they win the whole thing.

ABs looked woeful, just like the SA game.

Ali TT

International Regular
Crazy to think that both of these teams might not make the semis.
Not really.
These ABs are ****e. Can't think of a weaker side they've sent to a WC. On tonight's basis, would be a travesty if they got to the SF ahead of France, Ireland or SA. Once France got over their early nerves and stopped making errors it was one way traffic.

Yes, yes, England are a lot worse but I've come to terms with that.

Meridio

International Regular
were we watching the same game? NZ had 2 chances and took them, but France bossed it the rest of the time, especially the 2nd half.
Was obvs referring to the second half, particularly the last ten minutes or so where the ABs would cough the ball up and France would immediately score

Molehill

International Captain
Not really.
These ABs are ****e. Can't think of a weaker side they've sent to a WC. On tonight's basis, would be a travesty if they got to the SF ahead of France, Ireland or SA. Once France got over their early nerves and stopped making errors it was one way traffic.

Yes, yes, England are a lot worse but I've come to terms with that.
That was how I saw it too and also fully aware England are atrocious.

On this performance, NZ can’t beat SA or Ireland. But as England showed in 07, you can improve dramatically in a month.

Ali TT

International Regular
That was how I saw it too and also fully aware England are atrocious.

On this performance, NZ can’t beat SA or Ireland. But as England showed in 07, you can improve dramatically in a month.
France surprised me with how attritional and tight they played the game but understandable that they wouldn't want to give the ABs any scraps to feed on. The French have attacking gears they can run through.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah well, France played well, don't know why we kicked so much ball away particularly when down by 6.
Guess the only thing that really matters now is how we're travelling in a months time going into that quarter final.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah got rekt. France clearly the better team in the end. We didn't move away from the up and under on attack and couldn't protect our ruck.

The value of Cane vs Papalii'i on show imo.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't really make a difference though does it. They'll still either have to play the number 1 team in the world or the Saffers in the qf. Knowing this AB team they'll win it handily before getting bundled out by Argentina or Fiji in the semis.