• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: Current best Batting Line-up?

best Batting lineup in cricket at present?

• Total voters

Vikas Bhatt

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
India probably has the edge. They have 2 explosive, well settled and consistent and fearsome openers like Sehwag and Gambhir at the top. A solid reserve in Vijay. A middle order to die for in Dravid, Laxman and Sachin, a wicket-keeper batsman like Dhoni who may be modern game's best such after Gilchrist.

I don't consider Yuvraj as a worthy test player He is too inconsistent. Couldn't handle either pace or bounce in SA and Aus at all. Can't play either swing or spin. He can only play well on helpful tracks. I think he is just a flat track bully. The only time he applies himself is when his place in the team is in question.

Bowling needs consistancy since no bowler we have goes past a series without fitness and injury issues. Bhajji is an idiot and inocnsistant and yet he is supposed the only assured bowler in the team. BCCI destroyed Ishant like they destroyed Pathan by over playing him in meaningless games. Mishra should be persisted with in tests. Ojha looks good. The rest will continue to come in the team and play and go out getting hurt again!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India have the strongest batting lineup, but the weakest bowling attack of the 3 teams

jboss

Banned
I would have to go SA due to them being the only team that seems to be leaving out a seriously long list of talented players.

Here is a list of any batsman that can make the SA team: Smith, Elgar, Amla, Kallis, Khan, Smuts, Kuhn, Rossouw, AB, Prince, Cook, Rudolph, Peterson, Bailey, Vandiar.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have to go SA due to them being the only team that seems to be leaving out a seriously long list of talented players.

Here is a list of any batsman that can make the SA team: Smith, Elgar, Amla, Kallis, Khan, Smuts, Kuhn, Rossouw, AB, Prince, Cook, Rudolph, Peterson, Bailey, Vandiar.
... which makes me wonder why you get so worked up about two SA players deciding to move to England.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm sure we could all make a list of untried, untested players that could play for our countries. Doesn't make them any good though. 8-)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
India for sure.

North, Watson, Hussey and Katich would struggle to make the Indian top 5.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's India. Especially if they fit Vijay into Yuvraj's place.

South Africa aren't too far behind, but they're definitely behind.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe 12 months ago. Not now though probably.
SInce both returned to international cricket in 2008, both have been excellent of course. But Katich unlike Gambhir has played againts decent/good/very good (whichever you wish to term them) pace attacks in testing conditions (SA 08/09 & Ashes 09) & done very. Gambhir has yet to do so, thats why i give Katman a slight edge over him ATM as an opener.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What'd Katich do in South Africa out of interest? (genuine question, can't remember).

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Made 260 runs for the series at 43.3, including two fifties and one hundred.

Solid if not exceptional stuff opening the batting.