• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ottis Gibson quits England for Windies role

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So why continually refer to FC stats then?
Pardon? where do i "continually" refer to Fc stats? if anything it's others who bring them up often in an effort to defend the clowns that are currently in the side, the only stats i talk about is the current domestic season, when a new young spinner is taking wicket after wicket (Kavesh Kantasingh) and a young batsman is finding his feet in a new position and getting runs (Kiaran Powell) i find that encouraging.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just out of interest, since this thread seems to be a hub of WI cricket discussion, why was Daren Powell dropped from ODI cricket. He hardly disgraced himself in 2009.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a new young spinner is taking wicket after wicket (Kavesh Kantasingh)
Exsqueeze you? Are you following WI domestic cricket at all? Kantasingh has 24 wickets in 5 matches. 12 of those came in the first match. He has 12 in the last 4. How is that wicket-after-wicket? Especially since he's averaged 31 since that 12-wicket haul.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Exsqueeze you? Are you following WI domestic cricket at all? Kantasingh has 24 wickets in 5 matches. 12 of those came in the first match. He has 12 in the last 4. How is that wicket-after-wicket? Especially since he's averaged 31 since that 12-wicket haul.
I take it you haven't been paying attention to his current match against championship leaders Jamaica then? :unsure: incase you didn't know he's got 8 wickets in the two innings he's bowled (4 apiece) and the kid currently finds himself in 3RD PLACE (yep above your mates Jaggs and Miller LOL) in the most wickets taken tally, he's also only a mere five wickets behind first placed Imran Khan, so YES he is taking wicket after wicket right now, he's also got the second most maidens too, i know you wrote him off before Mr M but the fact is he's destoyed the two big guns Jamaica and trinidad, and i don't that's anything to be sniffed at.

He is taking wickets in all kind of fashions too i.e clean bowl, lbw, getting edges etc and he's really starting to make a name for himself now, he's got one match left before the season ends and if his form continues then i can't see why he shouldn't get the call for WI.

And also Mr M Andre Fletcher got 80 today which basically puts him level with Ramdin on the most runs charts!!, you said he wasn't that good with the bat but he's got over 50 at least four or five times this season so he's showing some consistency, if this form continues i think he's deserves another chance on the international stage but no doubt you'll disagree :laugh: .

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wowzers! That helps his cause. So he has 20 in 2 matches and 4 in the other 3. Yep, he's taking wicket after wicket... occasionally. And in that same competition, Nikita Miller is taking 3 more wickets per match at 4 runs less. But hey, Miller's crap, but let's ignore that context when thinking about how legendary Kantasingh is.

Jeez, the guy hasn't even had a breakthrough season yet. He hasn't even had a Mahendra Nagamootoo season yet.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Wowzers! That helps his cause. So he has 20 in 2 matches and 4 in the other 3. Yep, he's taking wicket after wicket... occasionally. And in that same competition, Nikita Miller is taking 3 more wickets per match at 4 runs less. But hey, Miller's crap, but let's ignore that context when thinking about how legendary Kantasingh is.

Jeez, the guy hasn't even had a breakthrough season yet. He hasn't even had a Mahendra Nagamootoo season yet.
He's only failed to take a wicket in one match (2 innings) though!! :unsure: , and of course you had to move the goalposts and say "it's 20 wickets in two matches"..yeah them matches just happen to be against THE TWO BEST SIDES!! :laugh: , you can keep singing Miller's praises but the guy was pure garbage against Australia and everytime the spotlight has been on him he's failed, he could have really put pressure on Benn if he'd taken wickets in the ODI'S but the guy simply isn't good enough, you keep talking about his Fc record when the guy was outshined by Odean Brown last year!! LOL, Kantasingh is the new kid on the block who's making a name for himself, holding the BEST FIGURES this season with his 12/83 against your beloved Trinidad, oh damn nowonder you're so bitter towards him!! :jump: .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pardon? where do i "continually" refer to Fc stats? if anything it's others who bring them up often in an effort to defend the clowns that are currently in the side, the only stats i talk about is the current domestic season, when a new young spinner is taking wicket after wicket (Kavesh Kantasingh) and a young batsman is finding his feet in a new position and getting runs (Kiaran Powell) i find that encouraging.
If you're not referring to FC stats then what are you talking about?

Kantasingh is a case in point - you can't take 12 wickets in an OD game, hence it must be FC.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
If you're not referring to FC stats then what are you talking about?

Kantasingh is a case in point - you can't take 12 wickets in an OD game, hence it must be FC.
Sometimes i mention them when a player i've backed gets written off, anyway why shouldn't i talk about them? this is a cricket forum after all.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You can talk about them, but have to bear in mind that FC stats are not wholly relevant when you're talking about the ODI side.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just out of interest, since this thread seems to be a hub of WI cricket discussion, why was Daren Powell dropped from ODI cricket. He hardly disgraced himself in 2009.
Gone Kolpak unfortunately (am not sure for whom its unfortunate though)
That is a shame, always thought that both he and Mohammad Sami were underrated ODI bowlers, for obvious reasons.
Actually he was just dropped all out. Then went Kolpak.

shivfan

Banned
And also Mr M Andre Fletcher got 80 today which basically puts him level with Ramdin on the most runs charts!!, you said he wasn't that good with the bat but he's got over 50 at least four or five times this season so he's showing some consistency, if this form continues i think he's deserves another chance on the international stage but no doubt you'll disagree :laugh: .
It's good to see Fletcher finally coming good with the bat in the longer form of the game....

However, he needs to get his head down and get to three figures, much like Edwards, Haynes and Phillips. If they can't get to three figures in domestic Caribbean cricket, then they can't really be expected to do so at international level. That's why players like Barath and Deonarine are a notch up from those four. Barath and Deonarine know how to score tons.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It's good to see Fletcher finally coming good with the bat in the longer form of the game....

However, he needs to get his head down and get to three figures, much like Edwards, Haynes and Phillips. If they can't get to three figures in domestic Caribbean cricket, then they can't really be expected to do so at international level. That's why players like Barath and Deonarine are a notch up from those four. Barath and Deonarine know how to score tons.
Well Fletcher has played 27 Fc matches and has one (100) and nine (50's) to his name, compared to Ramdin's 78 Fc matches with seven (100's) and fourteen (50's), looking at it if i was a betting man i'd say Fletcher's runs total will be better than Ramdin's by the time he gets to 78 Fc matches, also Mike you claimed we shouldn't consider any batsman that isn't in the top ten but Fletcher is so why shouldn't that be the main focus? he's got two matches to play too so he could very well find himself in the top three if his great form continues.