• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in West Indies

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
"In the Australia series, I saw improvements in the likes of [Kieron] Pollard and Smith. To come here ... and the way they went about it, I must say I am very disappointed in those two guys and Ramdin,' Gayle said after the match. "Those guys were key for us and the way they went about it was a terrible display. It is very disappointing and sad to see how they went about it."

"When you do crap, it's definitely crap and there is no excuse," said Gayle. "Guys have to take responsibility out there in the middle. It is just sad and disappointing."

:laugh: I have never seen gayle publicly diss anyone, pollard shot was just wow .. I can't remember the last time I saw such a soft dismissal, Ramdin obviously wasted time and didn't score any runs and smith missed a straight one, in the prior over he played and missed like four balls.
If it was Pakistan that had lost this match to Zimbabwe wouldn't some one have shouted "Fixed !"

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So Windie, geniune question, in hindsight, would you have still given players like Kraigg Brathwaite etc. a game?
Brathwaite yes, because the boy is class, whether i'd change the whole side like i was talking about though is another question!! :laugh: , next move should be to bring back Sammy in place of Smith, get Sarwan to replace Fletcher and maybe look at the wicket keeping situation because i'm tired of seeing Ramdin's face.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
"In the Australia series, I saw improvements in the likes of [Kieron] Pollard and Smith. To come here ... and the way they went about it, I must say I am very disappointed in those two guys and Ramdin,' Gayle said after the match. "Those guys were key for us and the way they went about it was a terrible display. It is very disappointing and sad to see how they went about it."

"When you do crap, it's definitely crap and there is no excuse," said Gayle. "Guys have to take responsibility out there in the middle. It is just sad and disappointing."

:laugh: I have never seen gayle publicly diss anyone, pollard shot was just wow .. I can't remember the last time I saw such a soft dismissal, Ramdin obviously wasted time and didn't score any runs and smith missed a straight one, in the prior over he played and missed like four balls.
I must admit it sounds like the pot calling the kettle black from Gayle after his shocking form towards the end in Australia!! :laugh: , but i'm delighted to see him showing some emotion for once, that's the kind of reaction i expect from a skipper.

thierry henry

International Coach
Just looking at the scorecards from afar and I'm pretty bewildered...are Zimbabwe actually legitimately beating a proper West Indian team?

Is this a West Indies team weakened due to resting players etc, or is it a genuine West Indies team aside from the (numerous) injured players?

Craig

World Traveller
Brathwaite yes, because the boy is class, whether i'd change the whole side like i was talking about though is another question!! :laugh: , next move should be to bring back Sammy in place of Smith, get Sarwan to replace Fletcher and maybe look at the wicket keeping situation because i'm tired of seeing Ramdin's face.
I just saw the highlights and the shot that Smith played, I hope he didn't go into the dressing room. Smith is a good for nothing.

Just looking at the scorecards from afar and I'm pretty bewildered...are Zimbabwe actually legitimately beating a proper West Indian team?

Is this a West Indies team weakened due to resting players etc, or is it a genuine West Indies team aside from the (numerous) injured players?
If I were a Zimbabwean fan I would probably find that quite patronising.

WindieWeathers

International Regular

The t20 side they beat was made up of youngsters in the main, the side they barely beat yesterday just had Gayle and Deonarine back, looking at it with open eyes we are missing

Dwayne Bravo
Sarwan
Taylor
Edwards

That's half a side there and very important players to be honest, i don't believe for one second we would have lost yesterday with these guys in the team, the current group aren't the most confident bunch at the moment either so that's had a role to play too, make no mistake though they better get it right on Saturday or else there will be hell to pay!!!.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I just saw the highlights and the shot that Smith played, I hope he didn't go into the dressing room. Smith is a good for nothing.
Gayle let him have it after the match!! :laugh: , the funny thing is we were crap in the field and shocking with our bowling and still we only managed to lose by 2 runs, if we improve those two areas on saturday then i don't think Zimbabwe will be able to live with us.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just read through the last 3 or 4 pages, sounded like a very good match, congrats ZIM

The_roc

U19 Captain
He played 20/20 cricket for Sussex last year and looked top notch. Don't know why he has gone down the pan the minute he pulls on a Windies shirt.

Can hardly say its because of a step up in the quality of the opposition

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really looking forward to this. Hope it's not a bust after the excitement of the first ODI. Ramdin & Smith both get the arse, which is probably fair enough after their pish efforts in the chase. Fletcher to keep.

Zimbas win the toss & bat. Ha, Fletcher gives up a bye first ball. This could be fun.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
As I said earlier, Ramdin has been dropped on principle for his disgraceful performances over the last few matches, not because they feel Fletcher is a better long term option.

We better enjoy the spells of Kemar Roach because we won't see anything above 80mph for the rest of the match.

shivfan

Banned
As I said earlier, Ramdin has been dropped on principle for his disgraceful performances over the last few matches, not because they feel Fletcher is a better long term option.

We better enjoy the spells of Kemar Roach because we won't see anything above 80mph for the rest of the match.
Pollard can consider himself lucky to be playing, after his tame get-out shot on Thursday....

It's possible that his two wickets saved his place!
:dry:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Maskadza giving Bernard the charge here. Pitch looks panckae flat and the pace must be inviting.

Fletcher up to the stumps. This'll be good.

shivfan

Banned
Chanders played well today but one could argue that he gave his wicket away when we needed him most!! 8-) , one good knock against Zimbabwe and suddenly his form over the past year is erased?!! nah i'm not fickle!!.

As for the game, this defeat burns i must say, to see them celebrating like they've won something sickens me, Fletcher, Miller and Smith should be dropped for Saturday if it's possible, having Sarwan at 3rd would have won us this game today.
In 2009, Shiv averaged 35 in Tests, which is disappointing, by his high standards. That said, only Sarwan (60) and gayle (49) averaged more than him in Tests last year.

Shiv hit 70 in this match, and if one other batsman had made the contribution he did, we would have won this match....

Zim are 30-1 now. Let's see if one of Pollard or Fletcher can make a significant score when the WI bat.
8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Daft shot from Masakadza; cuts it up and over the slips and straight down third man's throat.

Roach deserved the wicket tho; looks class above.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Generations of West Indians must be crying into their rum with Bernard opening the bowling. Like England opening with Collingwood (apart from the fact that Collingwood can bat).

I dont see the same promise and potential in this team that some others do

Beamer

The promise I see is with the likes of Barath, Braithwaite, Darren Bravo, Pollard etc. This current team, missing Sarwan, Taylor, Edwards and Dwayne Bravo is certainly a long way from promising IMHO.

I believe our full strength ODI team has a lot to offer and SHOULD be very strong.Of course this is West Indies cricket so I'm not sure we will ever have all our strongest players available. The last few months have cruelly exposed the lack of depth in terms of senior players.

Btw Dave Bernard is an elegant batsman as well, not just a medium pacer.

Beamer

Umpire Duncan is disgraceful. That was way outside the line whereas the ball before might well have been out.

He consistently gets it wrong.