• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in West Indies

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What's a par score lads? Also what do you think Zim will get? I'm guessing 234.

Looking forward to watching the highlights tomorrow.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Hahahahha now Duncan gives one not out. It doesn't matter that it was crashing into the base of middle stump.

That is easily the worst decision I have EVER seen. No exaggeration.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hahahahha now Duncan gives one not out. It doesn't matter that it was crashing into the base of middle stump.

That is easily the worst decision I have EVER seen. No exaggeration.
I'll make you a deal - we'll agree that Lamb should be out if we can send Taylor back in given he was hit outside the line. :p

Beamer

I'll make you a deal - we'll agree that Lamb should be out if we can send Taylor back in given he was hit outside the line. :p
:laugh: I agree that it's 1-1 in terms of howlers made but that doesn't excuse the nature of either decision.

I just can't believe an FC umpire could make those errors, let alone an international one. It gives you an insight into one of the major problems we have in our FC competition. The standard of umpiring is actually worse than the standard of the players and that is saying something.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lamb's NO was an absolute Barry Crocker tho, tbf. Flush on the toe on the full, in front of middle, back in his crease. Couldn't imagine anything other than an egde not to give it.

Any particular reason why the review system isn't being used? The standard of the umpiring in this and the Eng/Bang series has been of less than the required standard, to put it politely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Never gets used in ODIs. Not sure why, but it's not part of the ODI laws at all.
Seems odd to use it (well, sometimes) in tests but not in ODIs. Same umpires dropping the same bollocks, well actually novices are more likely to be standing in ODIs so there's a good case the reviews are needed more keenly in the format.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Its easy to get lost in the match up here, (as I have) between a supposedly rising, young WI team and an underdog Zim trying to find their way back in International cricket with both teams having a new coach, and ignore the fact that it is pretty turgid cricket and a low standard of product. Middle overs being pushed around and spinners and medium pacers being the 'weapon' of choice.

Beamer

Its easy to get lost in the match up here, (as I have) between a supposedly rising, young WI team and an underdog Zim trying to find their way back in International cricket with both teams having a new coach, and ignore the fact that it is pretty turgid cricket and a low standard of product. Middle overs being pushed around and spinners and medium pacers being the 'weapon' of choice.
Well medium pacers and part time spinners are pretty much all Zimbabwe have to offer tbh. West Indies are plagued by injuries to their 2 premier fast bowlers and also the horrible pitches they have been playing on.

Therefore I can only see the product continuing to be poor until our series with South Africa starts.

Beamer

I haven't had a chance to watch much of this match. How's Fletcher's keeping?
Pretty well without being spectacular. He could have done better with an edge that went to his right when Pollard was bowling, but he has kept very well to the spinners.

I must admit I was fearing the worst when he conceded a bye from the first ball of the match:laugh:

Beamer

Good stuff from Kemar yet again. But can we give him a half decent pitch to bowl on at some point in this home season?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I haven't had a chance to watch much of this match. How's Fletcher's keeping?
I've watched him closely and has hasn't done much wrong at all, mishandled his first ball which was a quick one from Roach, there was an edge he dived for but it was a tough catch imo, and on the last ball he got a stumping so he hasn't let himself down imo, i was just shocked to see that Ramdin got dropped finally!!! :laugh: , this is what i wanna see from Gibson, if you don't perform you're out, it's as simple as that.

Beamer

This time Taufel gives a shocker against Barath, who was clearly hit outside the line. Oh dear, not the best day for umpires.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
This time Taufel gives a shocker against Barath, who was clearly hit outside the line. Oh dear, not the best day for umpires.
Could argue there was no shot played. His bat was behind the pad and a long way from the ball, though you might say it was just the fact he was outwitted by the ball.

Comes down to the interpretation of the 'no shot' law imo.