• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not sure Bumrah will really be a thing moving forward in Tests either, but those two definitely contributed heavily to India actually getting to the final so fair enough to bring up in the context of this Test.
yeah agreed. He’s already different to what he was and this type of thing has a way to really shorten or end careers unfortunately.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah agreed. He’s already different to what he was and this type of thing has a way to really shorten or end careers unfortunately.
You can't really alter the fundamentals of his bowling action, but I reckon he needs to seriously consider running a little further.

subshakerz

International Coach
I hate to say it but I don’t think you can include Pant in that group anymore. Surely he won’t be back playing for a very long time
Quite possibly Bumrah too. Even if Bumrah comes back he is unlikely to be the same bowler as he used to be.

Bumrah and Pant were India's best all conditions players and this team looks far less formidable without them.

Victor Ian

International Coach
For sale of being world champions, doesn't the idea of a shared win mean the best strategy is no follow ons or declarations

Molehill

International Captain
From an English perspective, would be delighted if Starc played the First Test. Bowled one good ball in 54 yesterday and that was more to do with whatever it hit on the pitch than anything different on his part. If he's going round the park to the Indians, even Crawley's going to fancy his chances.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rotating seamers was an important part of retaining the ashes last time so their ‘first choice attack’ isn’t so important and they should just plan to pick him for the tests they think he’ll be most useful for.