• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Iyer, Pant, Bumrah and to an extent, Hardik in there would have strengthened the Indian team immensely. Badly hit. The team looks quite weak right now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's just making peace with the worst possible outcomes. Like we all should be while Dravid is in charge
This guy gets it. It's not what i would do but given it's an one off game and Bharat actually struggled a bit as a keeper, i really think they r gonna go down this route.

Xix2565

International Debutant
This guy gets it. It's not what i would do but given it's an one off game and Bharat actually struggled a bit as a keeper, i really think they r gonna go down this route.
That would be like picking SKY for the WTC Final ahead of Kohli. They gave Bharat 4 games at home, 1 more game away isn't going to be this huge impossibility for them. Please, I don't want you to be Hal-Ba.
Let's play 6 bowlers. 3 spinners, 3 pacers. Not even joking.
See, this guy gets it.

anil1405

International Captain
I would actually go -

Rohit
Gill
Pujara
Virat
Rahane
Rahul (wk)
Jaddu
Ash
Unadkat
Shami / Umesh
Siraj
Y r u arguing as if it's my idea?

Do u have any difficulty reading what i posted?
Maybe you just misspelt Bharat in the team you would actually pick or I am pretty bad at understanding your sarcasm. :blink:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is not just a few sixes in IPL. He got 600+ runs in Ranji at an average of 60, has loads of international experience with a decent away record and only got in due to all the injuries and with not much back-up apart from Sarfaraz who hasn't played any test so far. So, the selectors didn't have much choice really.
Why does Ranji matter now suddenly? Apparently we have no choice left now but can’t pick the guy who’s been scoring mountains of runs because why? He didn’t hit enough sixes in the IPL. If he had I’m sure he’d be picked.

Rahane’s average in the last Ranji season was the 6th best in his own team btw (he did make the most runs though).

I agree that this decision in isolation is not that bad. But when assessing how the selectors have done their job over the last 12 months, it’s clear they seemingly have no choice because of their own doing.