• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

Athlai

Not Terrible
INVITATIONAL XI - A

Tamim
Karunaratne
Williamson
Babar
Bairstow
Blundell (+)
Shakib
Holder
Roach
Anderson
Nortje

INVITATIONAL XI - B

Braithwaite
Imam
Conway
Root
Chandimal
Das (+)
Stokes
Shaheen
Mendis
Rabada
Ngidi

Howe_zat

Audio File
INVITATIONAL XI - A

Tamim
Karunaratne
Williamson
Babar
Bairstow
Blundell (+)
Shakib
Holder
Roach
Anderson
Nortje

INVITATIONAL XI - B

Braithwaite
Imam
Conway
Root
Chandimal
Das (+)
Stokes
Shaheen
Mendis
Rabada
Ngidi
Surely Babar, Bairstow and Blundell should play for the B XI

Brathwaite
Bavuma
Babar
Brook
Bairstow
Blundell
Bracewell
Bess
Broad
Boult
Ball

Boland and Bumrah could obviously make that attack but they'd presumably play for their nations if fit

ataraxia

International Coach
Surely Babar, Bairstow and Blundell should play for the B XI

Brathwaite
Bavuma
Babar
Brook
Bairstow
Blundell
Bracewell
Bess
Broad
Boult
Ball

Boland and Bumrah could obviously make that attack but they'd presumably play for their nations if fit
Has a bad history, that one.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Can we sticky this thread?

I am looking forward to it more than I thought I would after they randomly started deducting points for over-rates
I know that it is shared if a draw but can a finalist lose on over rates in the final? Is a lot fairer than losing on boundaries.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Can we sticky this thread?

I am looking forward to it more than I thought I would after they randomly started deducting points for over-rates
Yes, this can probably be stickied now, since there is not much cricket to discuss till the WTC final.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

India squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, K L Rahul, KS Bharat (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
For this to be a proper WTC final, they need to make it a series with one game each in all the major playing conditions

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha I only just realised Rahane is back. He was always my favourite out of the Indian middle order but it's so defeatist to have so many blokes banging down the door and recall a 34 year old with a mediocre record anyway, especially after doing not much other than slap a few dingers in the IPL since his (well-overdue) dropping.