• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree on the first bit but why is it his IPL form that's got him in the squad in particular? He's gone back to ranji after getting dropped and averaged 60 for mumbai this season. He's back amongst the runs in red ball and an experienced player who's done well overseas before and has faced the moving ball a ton. Seems like a good call for a one off when the next best options are guys like sarfaraz who have fantastic ranji records but have never played international and have been worked over by quality overseas pacers in the IPL.
You think he’d get recalled if he didn’t do well in the IPL?

the big bambino

International Captain
What point?

He has a poor record against Australia at home and decent one in Aus (with one of the best overseas tons for us ever, granted). Is that really so compelling that we should overlook his 2-3 years averaging 25 or whatever to play against Australia in completely different conditions where he has averaged 26 over a career?

Again, I don’t think it’s the worst decision ever but given he’s only a contender because the selectors have constantly been making bad decisions and because he did well in the IPL, it’s one that stinks in particular.
That he's missed out at home is most likely just one of those things. And to borrow one of your arguments, the game isn't in India. His problem with England might be the bowling rather than the conditions, which seems likely because he's performed poorly home and away against them. Overall he's done well against Australia and away - the circumstances in which this match is being played.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
As per WTC rules Australia has to reduce their squad to 15 by 28 May. Which 2 players would you exclude?

I think the XII is already locked in so that leaves 2 of Harris, Renshaw, Marsh, Inglis and Murphy to be excluded.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not good

Assume that they understated injuries or he had complications as 5/6 months is a helluva long time with crutches
I'm not that surprised. Ganguly let slip recently that it could take Pant upto two years to make a return. And that might be very optimistic tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not that surprised. Ganguly let slip recently that it could take Pant upto two years to make a return. And that might be very optimistic tbh.
I hadn’t followed it until I saw that tweet which was posted just after a son’s friend was released from hospital after a car crash

He ruptured his ACL among other and was on crutches for 4 weeks

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Pant is lucky to be alive as he went through the windscreen and it’s been nearly 6 months

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
He’s fairly young so at least he has a chance of coming back but I’d imagine he won’t be able to play for another few years. Six months on crutches is a long time