• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Official * WI & Eng tour of Australia

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Why was Stokes at 3 when his20/20 record is nowhere near his other forms. Malan is a no3 not a no 8.
Presumably due to the match situation rather than a permanent move but, as I said above, I think it was about 4 overs too early for that sort of thing. If it was an attempt at a flexible batting order, I wonder who made the call since the captain was still making his way back to the changing room at the time.

Jay London

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England left some runs there.

I haven't RTFT so apologies if already discussed. Looks like a B team Aussie bowling attack and for most teams the gulf between A and B teams is huge. Is that to rest the big names or avoid England getting practise against them?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England left some runs there.

I haven't RTFT so apologies if already discussed. Looks like a B team Aussie bowling attack and for most teams the gulf between A and B teams is huge. Is that to rest the big names or avoid England getting practise against them?
Aus rested all their bowlers + Maxwell for the trip to Perth, but they will be back for the games in Canberra

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Presumably due to the match situation rather than a permanent move but, as I said above, I think it was about 4 overs too early for that sort of thing. If it was an attempt at a flexible batting order, I wonder who made the call since the captain was still making his way back to the changing room at the time.
possibly also todo with giving Stokes some batting time given he wasn't in pakistan and hasn't played any t20 for a long time.

Spikey

if this means they do something like open with Stoinis next match I'm not sure I'll ever forgive Cameron Green

Socerer 01

International Captain
Just open with Finch and Warner as the former will play anyway as the captain instead of galaxybraining Stoinis into there despite his BBL record

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is this the Curran who played in the bbl or the other bloke?
Dunno, but his brother is right handed, if that helps.

Thinking about it, this Curran was injured at some point during the winter and, I think, missed the IPL as a result. But I've no idea when the BBL took place anyway.

Meanwhile, I think we've established that these guys play the short stuff pretty well.

Last edited:

Burgey

Yeah Warner must be in very decent Nick because he’s really struggled against genuine pace the past few years. He seems to be picking wood very early though

Burgey

Yeah, I read that it had been a while. Is that a covid thing?
Yeah WA was the last state in Aus to reopen. Their premier was very strict. Smart man, pulled every right rein during her pandemic really. Labor fella. Won a covid election over there and the scum were reduced to about six seats in the assembly.

WA people very smart, know what’s good for them.