• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Official * WI & Eng tour of Australia

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like Aus are going to do pretty badly at this WC. Their prep has been too cute by half. They should know who’s playing and what their roles are by now, but instead they’re faffing around giving too many fringe players too many games.
This is classic Australia though. All comes together right before or during the WC.

Burgey

This is classic Australia though. All comes together right before or during the WC.
We can only keep relying on our natural athletic superiority for so long though. With all these other countries catching up by getting on the juice, I worry the gap will narrow

Spikey

great piece of wicket-keeping. taking the ball in front of the stumps. very smart.

dumb people used to think doing something like that was dumb

Burgey

great piece of wicket-keeping. taking the ball in front of the stumps. very smart.

dumb people used to think doing something like that was dumb
He literally took it next to them though, not in front

Spikey

He literally took it next to them though, not in front
for this type of thing it's kind of the same thing, front or side. The main thing is being able to have that swinging down motion to basically move the ball onto the stumps with the throw, rather than standing behind the stumps and having the ball push the keepers even further from the stumps

Warne used to hate it lol. Gilchrist gives it credit while acknowledging it's not how he did it (as he did here)

Burgey

for this type of thing it's kind of the same thing, front or side. The main thing is being able to have that swinging down motion to basically move the ball onto the stumps with the throw, rather than standing behind the stumps and having the ball push the keepers even further from the stumps

Warne used to hate it lol. Gilchrist gives it credit while acknowledging it's not how he did it (as he did here)
I just don’t think anyone cares tbh. It’s just standard fare these days isn’t it?
Far more disappointed you didn’t post about the zing bail fail on Friday night tbh

Burgey

It’s a little unusual to see a team surprised at being wided for banging it in too short in Perth of all places. It looks like costing them badly

Spikey

I just don’t think anyone cares tbh. It’s just standard fare these days isn’t it?
Far more disappointed you didn’t post about the zing bail fail on Friday night tbh
standard fare tbh

I'm not sure it's standard fare amongst all australlian keepers just yet, but it'll be soon. the english ones were ahead of the curve a decade back (also recall noted user benchmark00 being strongly opposed to it lol)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It’s a little unusual to see a team surprised at being wided for banging it in too short in Perth of all places. It looks like costing them badly
That aspect's been really amateur. I don't think it's going to be remotely decisive given how well Aus are going anyway, but it is indicative of the lack of control.

Burgey

Stoinis probably done enough there to secure his spot, pending fitness

David won’t handle Wood here at all

Burgey

Very good analysis of David playing the pull shot from low to high there, but the good news for him is it’s a pretty easy technical tweak to make