• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashwin now has 4 centuries against West Indies. Botham had none.
The real conversation isn't whether Ashwin will get to 800 or whether Ashwin is the next Kapil. The real conversation is Ashwin vs Botham now.

Will Ian Botham make it to India's All Time XI?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I highly doubt that, especially with this totally profound insight

Translation

He's so far up his own anus it hurts.
I know, imagine if Harbhajan had come out with something like that when he made his back-to-back tons against NZ. :p

Ashwin definitely spouts a lot of cliched bollocks (so does Kohli). Don't find him anywhere near as insightful as people claim.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
when you've done as many press conferences as Ashwin on behalf of the Indian team because no one else cbf fronting up you probably only have cliches left

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Did that really just happen? Did I watch all of that happen?

Who the **** is the third umpire there.

Edit: According to cricinfo the third umpire is West Indian. Just makes it all the weirder.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Third umpire got paid off surely. How can this **** be allowed to happen despite the benefit of replays? It's just an embarassing display of ineptitude.

vcs

I like Blackwood. His defensive technique could probably use some work, but some of his ball-striking is brilliant.

vcs

You can hear all the Hindi chatter on the microphone. :) Sadly, no gaaliyan as of yet.

vcs

LOL, what a stupid decision. Just saw a replay of that non no-ball.

vcs

Ashwin's been brilliant this spell. His wicket was a bit of a freebie (edged down the legside) but he looks like creating a wicket-taking opportunity every other ball. Lovely flight and turn.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
If only WindieWeathers were still here to respond calmly and appropriately to that.
I'll step in. Clearly a case of a Bajan thiefing a Trini. Absolutely awful umpiring, but West Indian umpires are the pits so I'm not surprised he messed up like that.

Regardless, Bravo needs to work on the short ball. That's too many times now. He's such a talent, dismissals like this speak to criminal levels of under-achievement!

Ferraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Now that you mentioned it, is Bravo still considered a "talent" after 40-odd tests? Seems to be going more down the Hooper route than the Lara one (though, not as disappointing as Hooper as yet).