• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bhuvaneshwar's absolutely on fire. Collapso cricket from the Windies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah I see the West Indies are back on form then. Was hoping they could get level or push past India's total and put some pressure on during the final day.

Instead it looks like a hanging on job. If they can drag this innings out then it'll be less overs to bat out tomorrow.

vcs

Nearly put another one down. Shocking catching from India in this innings.

harsh.ag

If Kohli doesn't grow the **** up after this game, he has no business being captain. Give it to Jinx.

Gnske

If Kohli doesn't grow the **** up after this game, he has no business being captain. Give it to Jinx.
Nah, he'd conduct himself with grace.

Give it to Shikhar, its time someone who hates disabled people was captaining.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It would be easy to get frustrated by that batting performance by West Indies but upon reflection I'll hold my hands up and say that was just superb bowling by Kumar. It was a swing bowling masterclass, great use of each way movement and use of the crease.

The only thing I would complain about is the general approach. I think we play better when we're actually trying to score runs. They went into their shell and got stuck. Even Blackwood went all defensive and that is not his game. It's also time that Samuels or Bravo did something. They're putting all the pressure on a bunch of youngsters and we won't win tests against top nations for now unless they pull their fingers out.

The captaincy is awful though. I like Jason Holder as a character but his technical captaincy is awful. He has completely let Sharma off the hook by bowling Chase and KB for so long. It seems avoiding a fine or suspension was more important that trying to wrestle back the test match. He has a lot of improving to do.

On the positive side I like the look of this bowling attack. Cummins and Joseph look excellent and holder is no better than a 4th seamer at the moment.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Now that you mentioned it, is Bravo still considered a "talent" after 40-odd tests? Seems to be going more down the Hooper route than the Lara one (though, not as disappointing as Hooper as yet).
He's certainly not scoring as many runs as he should. He's superb overseas but just can't bat in the Caribbean. It's strange. We need him to guide this talented but young and brittle lineup and he's doing a poor job at the moment.

Daemon

Cummins can't stop taking wickets atm. Funny how he had to wait for so long for his first but less than that for the next 4.