• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
2 days into the test match I know, but what's the deal with India's batting selection?

Howe_zat

Audio File
2 days into the test match I know, but what's the deal with India's batting selection?
It was highlighted that Pujara averages a disappointing 33 over his last 6 tests, since his last hundred. It was decided that Rohit, who averages 32 over his career, would be the man to redeem this problem.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty convinced Kohli hates Pujara. Ran him out in Johannesburg during the South Africa tour a few years ago and hasn't looked back at trying to destroy him ever since then.

Probably doesn't hate him, just finds his face so amazingly ugly that he can't stand it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Perhaps Kohli wants to bat at three so that people can finally start talking about him in the same breath as Williamson, Root and Smith.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Pretty convinced Kohli hates Pujara. Ran him out in Johannesburg during the South Africa tour a few years ago and hasn't looked back at trying to destroy him ever since then.

Probably doesn't hate him, just finds his face so amazingly ugly that he can't stand it.
if he has a problem with pujara's looks because he has a big nose i feel r ashwin's monobrow needs a stern talking-to

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was highlighted that Pujara averages a disappointing 33 over his last 6 tests, since his last hundred. It was decided that Rohit, who averages 32 over his career, would be the man to redeem this problem.
What's even worse is that 33 average contains all of the South Africa/India tests which came on very spin-friendly conditions.

vcs

What's up with most of the Indian players having beards? Have they developed an allergy to shaving cream or something?

vcs

Liked them better when they were considered scruffy and unfashionable. Anyway, this is a proper one, the rest are mere pretenders.

Daemon

Amla needs to work on his mo and get a better trim. Worst long beard in cricket, including coaches (mushy :wub:).

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I highly doubt that, especially with this totally profound insight

Thankfully I had a very good preparation one month before the series. I batted quite a lot and devised a gameplan if and when I got a chance to bat at No. 6. The idea was to knock as many balls as possible. My goal is very simple. If I get a good start, if I get to 20 runs then I'm going to capitalise on it. Then I'm going to play percentage cricket. It's all about trying to play the percentages and trying to string together a partnership and not look too far ahead in the game.
Translation

I batted in the nets a REAL lot and during this process I discovered the power of foresight and actually decided to use my brain before I attempted something. The idea was to knock as many balls as possible, you can tell I'm a batsman can't you?. My goal is very simple, if I don't get out I'm going to get runs. Then I'm going to play something I call percentage cricket, its just normal cricket but the buzzword makes it look like an intellectual exercise Gandhi himself would have struggled to complete. It's all about buzzwords and me fooling you easily impressed proto-humans into believing I'm a thinking man.
He's so far up his own anus it hurts.