• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe 2017

Bijed

International Regular
Karun Nair went from averaging 8.5 to 160. Over a 5 test period he went from 8.5 to 62.33.
Forgot Nair, good shout.

FWIW, just checked and Bell's average at the start of the 2005 Ashes was 297.00, at the end it was 42.54

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ballance from 12.5 to 67.93 in 10 tests to 37.45 now. The way he's batting he should be down to 12.5 again after the Ashes.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Is Bravo ever coming back?
He's gonna play in the Bangladesh T20 comp, then for Trinidad in our 4-day competition. After that one would hope that he'll be available for selection. The delay has been about him signing T20 contracts before clearing the air with the board so I guess you can't blame him. Whether he's back for the NZ tests remains to be seen tbh.

Anyway I'm happy the boys have turned the game around after a dodgy first innings. Once again Shai has just looked a class above. He could be something real special if he just keeps his head down and continues to work hard. Would love to see the lad get a stint in county cricket if the opportunity ever presents itself as I think that would enhance his game even further. Nice to see Kraigg digg in aswell to give us a good platform in the second innings. Chase getting runs is also a relief because he had to come back after his tough time in England. Blackwood though? He's really not doing himself any favours and now he's gonna be under pressure because Hetty and Ambris are really knocking on the door right now. Same thing for Dowrich...you've got to show the coaches that you deserve to retain your place.

Tomorrow hopefully Chase gets his ton and then let the bowlers do their thing. Pitch has slowed down though so they'll need to be patient and just keep things tight. I suspect Bishoo could once again be the key as the game moves forward.

SillyCowCorner1

Gotta say you nailed the commentators curse there
Lol.. I even wanted to go further and say that Bisho was approaching his 100th test wicket

As luck would turn out, he is currently sitting on 98 wickets with that 9-wicket match haul,.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Has anyone seen the highlights? Why was that zim batsman jumping up and down on the sqaure like a kangaroo trying to urge the ball over the rope before being caught on the boundary lol

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyone seen the highlights? Why was that zim batsman jumping up and down on the sqaure like a kangaroo trying to urge the ball over the rope before being caught on the boundary lol
He knew he's not going to get to 33* again, unless he's playing for the Tuskers.

Stapel

International Regular
West Indies win a Test in four consecutive series - would be a while since that has happened I reckon.
I guess you're right.
IMO, the Windies have fewer players that really have nothing to show for than the last 5+ years. In the current line-up, only Kyle Hope is absolute filth. Powell & Blackwood not too far from it, but the rest are ok!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah it was a decent win tbh. Zimbabwe appeared to be trying the "Bangladesh" philosophy of creating rank turners at home and packing their side full of spinners. Caught us off guard a little in that first innings but Hope's brilliant innings always gave us a chance. Then Bishoo done his stuff and the game was well and trully in our hands after that. Happy to see Kraigg and Shai continue their great form from England and Chase has scored the most runs for us over the last year so that was a good knock from him too. Blackwood just disappoints me man. He's so talented and fearless but he's gonna have to show some mental growth and maturity if he wants to keep his place in the future. Dowrich done well with the gloves but again we need him to step up with the bat aswell. Powell got his first 50 in ages which was nice but he needs to do more than that if he also wants to keep his place in the future. Evin Lewis's name is being mentioned a lot recently and there's a few decent young openers in the region who, if they have a good first class season (which starts today btw), will no doubt put pressure on him.

So yeah all in all it was a good win and now we go on to the next one. Wouldn't mind seeing Hetmyer replace Kyle Hope for this one tbh because I think this would be a good opportunity to give the kid another crack at test level before we got to NZ.

Slifer

International Captain
Soo the wicb made zero changes to the team and didn't think it would be a good idea to blood new players ahead of a much tougher tour of new Zealand. At the very least, k hope should've been replaced. They can change their name and personnel all they want but the WI board are still a bunch of morons!! I don't care what the results are in this match.

Bijed

International Regular
So, after Bishoo proved in the last match that Holder had been wrong to bowl Chase ahead of him in the past, we now have Blackwood bowling the first spin of the innings.

OverratedSanity

So, after Bishoo proved in the last match that Holder had been wrong to bowl Chase ahead of him in the past, we now have Blackwood bowling the first spin of the innings.
This after Holder said this before the game

West Indies captain Jason Holder has called legspinner Devendra Bishoo "the main man" ahead of the second Test against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo. "The conditions look to be in his favour again, so hopefully we can support him and aid him in being the main man,"
Holder's just a very very odd captain tstl.