• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe 2017

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah thought Bishoo looked threatening even in England

Kyle Hope has booked himself a spot in the next test if he reaches 50 tomorrow morning

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Positive cricket for the Windies.

Loving it, Kyle Hope finding inspiration from his baby brother.

"Rally, Rally round the West Indies. Now and forever. "

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Powell's failure in the second innings might be a blessing in disguise. I hope he's not selected for the second test.

Last edited:

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
the West Indies have officially changed their name to "Windies":
It's such a strange name change.

From the net: "Cricket West Indies president Dave Cameron said that the name “is more inclusive and appropriate” as the board wants to recognize the “valuable role that our players, territorial boards, staff, supporters, governments, coaches, match officials and volunteers, play in the organization.”"

In what way is the abbreviated word "Windies" more inclusive than "West Indies"?

Tom Flint

International Regular
Kyle hope scoring runs could work against the windies if it means he keeps his place and bravo not bought into the team

Daemon

From the net: "Cricket West Indies president Dave Cameron said that the name “is more inclusive and appropriate” as the board wants to recognize the “valuable role that our players, territorial boards, staff, supporters, governments, coaches, match officials and volunteers, play in the organization.”"

In what way is the abbreviated word "Windies" more inclusive than "West Indies"?
Actually that explanation was intended to explain why "WICB" changed to "Cricket West Indies" iirc.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain

Inclusive to all with flatulence maybe?.

It would be like officially renaming New Zealand The Black Caps. ''Hello, you are from the country Black Cap I see''.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn Braithwaite falls short of 100 a bit. Unlucky. Still he's very consistent

Shai Hope's average just keeps skyrocketing. I swear this jump is unprecedented for a 5 test span

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
From Headingley Shai Hope's test scores have been:
147, 118*
29, 62
90*, now batting 42*

That is good form for a bloke who made 1 50+ score in his first 11 tests and averaging barely over 20.

EDIT:

The most impressive thing about Hope is, like Braithwaite, he seems completely unflustered by scoring rate. Not to say he's a slow going batsmen, but that few other West Indian batsmen seem to be able to play innings the length of which he is making a habit.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Damn Braithwaite falls short of 100 a bit. Unlucky. Still he's very consistent

Shai Hope's average just keeps skyrocketing. I swear this jump is unprecedented for a 5 test span
I know you're meaning in terms of an average improving, but the biggest change in an average over 5 tests I can think of is probably Bell in the 2005 Ashes?

In terms of improvement, Voges maybe? But yeah, ths has been a fantastic run from Hope.

OverratedSanity

I know you're meaning in terms of an average improving, but the biggest change in an average over 5 tests I can think of is probably Bell in the 2005 Ashes?

In terms of improvement, Voges maybe? But yeah, ths has been a fantastic run from Hope.
Voges' wouldn't have improved much. He tonned up on debut.

Slifer

International Captain
From Headingley Shai Hope's test scores have been:
147, 118*
29, 62
90*, now batting 42*

That is good form for a bloke who made 1 50+ score in his first 11 tests and averaging barely over 20.

EDIT:

The most impressive thing about Hope is, like Braithwaite, he seems completely unflustered by scoring rate. Not to say he's a slow going batsmen, but that few other West Indian batsmen seem to be able to play innings the length of which he is making a habit.
Last part of your post, someone needs to get that memo to Blackwood for crying out loud!!!

Daemon

Karun Nair went from averaging 8.5 to 160. Over a 5 test period he went from 8.5 to 62.33.

Slifer

International Captain
I think someone mentioned he might be playing fc cricket in the wi to mentally prepare for the longer game. I assume he'll be bk in time for NZ. I assume k hope would have to make room.

Bijed

International Regular
Voges' wouldn't have improved much. He tonned up on debut.
Kept failing in the Ashes right after, though, so his average would have got relatively low (I think) before going up to ~95

Edit: Took more than 5 tests, but his average dropped to 40.00 before getting back up to 97.46

Last edited: