• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe 2017

anil1405

International Captain
Raza gone for 89. Needed a special delivery to get rid of him in this innings and that was one.

SeamUp

International Coach
Really liked watching Raza bat.

Byrom
Solomon
Hamilton
Taylor
Moor
Raza
Cremer (for now)
Jarvis

If Zim can fill in thse gaps. Who is that young fast bowler Ngarava ?

So basically C.Ervine, Williams, Waller, Chakabva, Mpofu, Chisoro around at moment.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Williams and Ervine definitely make the side. Williams could arguably make it on bowling alone despite it being his weaker suit, and Ervine is definitely a better batsman than Mire at the moment despite his failings in this series (still averaging 35+ in Tests and is coming off an awesome series against Sri Lanka).

I'd basically be looking at the eleven for this match with the three injured players coming back in when fit -- Williams for Waller; Jarvis for Chisoro and Chatara for Mpofu. If Byrom decides to make himself eligible he can either come in for Mire or Chakabva can drop out and Moor can keep.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So what would an acceptable score be to just have a go at WI... see if you can put them under pressure? Or do you just bat and draw the game?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They'll just try and draw the game IMO. I'd probably have a go just because of the state of the series (1-0 down in a two Test series - if ever there was a 'nothing to lose' situation..) but I think teams, particularly lower-ranked ones, are starting to view Tests more in bubbles than they did five or ten years ago, when the series status reigned supreme. I'm not really sure why, it feels like a trend to me.

loterry

Cricket Spectator
So what would an acceptable score be to just have a go at WI... see if you can put them under pressure? Or do you just bat and draw the game?
dont even bother declaring if you can use the overs i reckon, zimbabwe have no chance to bowl them out, windies could score at high run rates you never know if they have overs left. plus i dont think zimbabwe's bowlers are bothered to come out and field again

Last edited:

loterry

Cricket Spectator
i just dont understand why they never really bowled their fast bowlers after lunch, zimbabwe looked real vulnerable early stages after lunch, they bowled mainly all spin and let the batsmen settle

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i just dont understand why they never really bowled their fast bowlers after lunch, zimbabwe looked real vulnerable early stages after lunch, they bowled mainly all spin and let the batsmen settle
These two batsmen in particular are much better players of spin than pace too. Holder didn't get the memo.

loterry

Cricket Spectator
even now holder would rather bowl part time spinners rather then roach and gabriel, holders tactics very questionable today

Slifer

International Captain
Wish WI would've pushed for the win. But at this point, they are bearly above Zimbabwe and more or less on the same level as Bangladesh so a win is a win and I'll certainly take it. Now it's time to get rid of the dead weights: kyle hope and Blackwood. Powell did better this series but IMO his spot is still not secure.