• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Sri Lanka 2010

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Blatant chucker tbh. But gets reported in SL of all places. The irony :laugh:
Yeah it is ironic, but I agree with you his action deteriorated significantly since his debut series and by the 2nd test in SL he was obviously chucking most of his deliveries.

I hope he sorts it out as he was a decent bowler in the making before the pressures of international cricket caused him to 'chuck' in illegal deliveries.

shivfan

Banned
IMHO, Shilly should never have been picked until his action had been sorted out. It's not like the WICB didn't know about his history. In a domestic competition, he'd been called for throwing by none other than Steve Bucknor a few years ago. He should've gone thru serious remedial action back then....

He wasn't called Flingingford for nothing....

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
IMHO, Shilly should never have been picked until his action had been sorted out. It's not like the WICB didn't know about his history. In a domestic competition, he'd been called for throwing by none other than Steve Bucknor a few years ago. He should've gone thru serious remedial action back then....

He wasn't called Flingingford for nothing....
He wasn't actually chucking during their assesment of him though Mike. They would have analysed his action extremely closely on the A tour of Bangladesh (which had tv coverage to make their job that much easier) and his action was not even under suspicion.

It has deteriorated since then though and it is obvious he now has a problem. Let's hope he gets sorted out and comes back soon with a legal action once again.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Windies are back for the ODI series.

1st ODI: Sri Lanka v West Indies at Colombo (SSC)
Jan 31, 2011 (10:00 local | 04:30 GMT)
2nd ODI: Sri Lanka v West Indies at Colombo (SSC)
Feb 3, 2011 (10:00 local | 04:30 GMT)
3rd ODI: Sri Lanka v West Indies at Colombo (SSC)
Feb 6, 2011 (10:00 local | 04:30 GMT)

Mods, could make the thread sticky again?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Both teams have named WC squads for the clash.

Sri Lanka squad: Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Thilan Samaraweera, Chamara Silva, Chamara Kapugedera, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Rangana Herath.

West Indies squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Sulieman Benn, Nikita Miller, Carlton Baugh (wk), Andre Russell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Adrian Barath.

I'd like to see Mahela opening. My XI would be: Dilshan, MJ, Sanga, Samaraweera, Silva, Mathews, Perera, Kulasekara, Malinga, Murali, Mendis

SL would solely miss Vaas, Chandimal and Randiv in the XI. My prediction, 2 - 1 for West Indies.

Lostman

State Captain
Bowling is not too bad tbh.
Batting sucks when you consider at least one of Tharanga, Silva and Kapugedera have to play:dry:

Given these choices wouldn't have mind to see old man Sana play, at least he can bowl.

shivfan

Banned
Both teams have named WC squads for the clash.

Sri Lanka squad: Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Thilan Samaraweera, Chamara Silva, Chamara Kapugedera, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Rangana Herath.

West Indies squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Sulieman Benn, Nikita Miller, Carlton Baugh (wk), Andre Russell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Adrian Barath.

I'd like to see Mahela opening. My XI would be: Dilshan, MJ, Sanga, Samaraweera, Silva, Mathews, Perera, Kulasekara, Malinga, Murali, Mendis

SL would solely miss Vaas, Chandimal and Randiv in the XI. My prediction, 2 - 1 for West Indies.
The WI squad is basically the same as the one named for the ODIs in the autumn, except that Kirk Edwards has been replaced by Sarwan....

Howe_zat

Audio File
Silva I remember as an important part of the 2007 side and has managed to keep up a 30-plus average ever since. He's certainly a much better bet than Kapu.

Herath ahead of Randiv is a shocker, as is Kapu ahead of Chandimal. I personally wouldn't play either in the first XI though, so Sri Lanka still have a very strong side. Can't see them losing this series.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like there won't be any international TV coverage with Ten sports pulling out. SL will have coverage with SLRC doing the production. In India, up to Chennai you'd be able to catch "Rupavahini - Eye" service with a high antenna and a proper booster.

Rest of ya fellas has to find a stream to watch it. Dire by SLC, every bastard of them should be fired after WC.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like there won't be any international TV coverage with Ten sports pulling out. SL will have coverage with SLRC doing the production. In India, up to Chennai you'd be able to catch "Rupavahini - Eye" service with a high antenna and a proper booster.

Rest of ya fellas has to find a stream to watch it. Dire by SLC, every bastard of them should be fired after WC.
Didn't know that, so I woke up at 3.00am and thought I watch this on Eurosport. Can't find a working stream anywhere also. :dry:

Looks like a pretty decent batting unit the Windies have here. Shame about Ravi Rampaul though. Not an international cricketer.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have to say that I wouldn't want to be up against WI in a knockout match. I can see Gayle scoring a double ton if he bats for 40 overs. He's absolutely tearing it up in our 20twenty domestic comp in Australia. Mis-hitting some sixes and connecting with some monster hits on relatively large grounds...

Most dangerous limited overs batter in the world IMHO.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Barath WAG. Pathetic that there's no coverage for this match.

And why are SL selectors so obsessed with Kapugedera?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Barath's booked his place in the starting eleven for the World Cup, then.

Gayle
Barath
Bravo
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Bravo
Pollard
Baugh
Sammy
Spinner
Roach

Lock it in, Eddie.