• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Sri Lanka 2010

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Test Squad

Darren Sammy (Captain)
Brendan Nash (Vice Captain)
Chris Gayle
Adrian Barath
Devon Smith
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Darren Bravo
Carlton Baugh (wk)
Devon Thomas (wk)
Sulieman Benn
Shane Shillingford
Kemar Roach
Andre Russell
Nelon Pascal

Sarwan not selected!
Sammy Captain
Devon Smith????? Wtf?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Darren Sammy doesn't strike me as the brightest of characters.

And why the f have the Windies dropped Sarwan if he is not injured? Bewildering.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not much complaints about that considering the drama of the last month or so re: contracts. Clearly Sarwan and Deonarine should be in.

Beamer

Devon Smith? Seriously? Have we just gone back in time to 2002 when he was a brilliant young batsman who scored bucketloads of runs to earn a test call up? Are they just ignoring the fact that he has been even worse than Ganga during his test career?

Darren Sammy being captain is going to place him in an extremely difficult position. The President is St Lucian. The CEO is St Lucian. Now a St Lucian who can't get a place in the test team is suddenly made captain? Not good at all.

Other than the obvious flaw of failing to pick your best player of spin for a tour of Sri Lanka, there were some decent and brave choices like Andre Russell and Devon Thomas (who I have been mentioning for a while and who apparently recieved rave reviews at the High Performance Centre).

Fingers crossed for Carlton Baugh Jr, there is a decent wicket keeper batsman waiting to appear somewhere, he just needed to develop a brain (:laugh:) and hopefully his years in the wilderness have helped him do just that.

So the probable XI for the first test:

Chris Gayle
Adrian Barath
Darren Bravo/Devon Smith
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Brendan Nash
Dwayne Bravo
Carlton Baugh Jr (wk)
Darren Sammy
Sulieman Benn
Shane Shillingford
Kemar Roach

Lord help us!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
From another thread, we were told this earlier today.

That's simply the common view from people who are living in the past imo!!.. i won't comment about Pak but as far as WI are concerned our board have really stepped up to the plate of late and put things in place to move caribbean cricket forward,
Call me a cynic but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, and I'm not so sure this squad will turn out to be a cordon bleu dish...

Beamer

Call me a cynic but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, and I'm not so sure this squad will turn out to be a cordon bleu dish...
The thing is they have been doing an awful lot of things right recently.

- The High Performance Centre has been a complete success so far and we have seen visible improvement in a lot of our most talented youngsters who attended.

- The coverage of domestic torunaments is now better then ever and they are marketing themselves properly through the use of social media and the internet in general.

- They have given out a large number of central contracts and have set realistic goals for our senior team over the next 5 years.

Admittedly the promotion of Sammy and their treatment of Sarwan is extremely worrying and shows they still have a vindictive side. Lets hope some of the decent things they have done outweigh this stupidity.

Athlai

Not Terrible
From another thread, we were told this earlier today.

Was about to search for that post. Yeah pretty mind boggling stuff.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Desperately hoping Sammy gets injured (no offence bro) so Brendan Nash can captain.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Devon Smith in Sri Lanka facing high quality spin. :laugh: 3 test match series, how many wickets will Mendis take?

smash84

The Tiger King
If the Windies had a wealth of older talent I'd say no, but I think he'll do well anyway
Always the optimist Got_Spin :)

I am not too sure Darren Sammy is the man. Treatment of Sarwan reminds me of younis khan treatment by the PCB. No. Younis Khan treatment is actually worse.

I hope the windies start picking up their game. They used to be a treat to watch until the mid nineties

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
So the probable XI for the first test:

Chris Gayle
Adrian Barath
Darren Bravo/Devon Smith
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Brendan Nash
Dwayne Bravo
Carlton Baugh Jr (wk)
Darren Sammy
Sulieman Benn
Shane Shillingford
Kemar Roach

Lord help us!
Batting looks so incredibly weak. Wait, so does the bowling too! Dear o Dear. I do hope Benn continues to improve though

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Always the optimist Got_Spin :)

I am not too sure Darren Sammy is the man. Treatment of Sarwan reminds me of younis khan treatment by the PCB. No. Younis Khan treatment is actually worse.

I hope the windies start picking up their game. They used to be a treat to watch until the mid nineties
:laugh: Not always

I dunno, Sarwan just seems to be a lazy **** most of the time