• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Does the third umpire also have jurisdiction over back foot no-balls? Because some of those deliveries from Joseph must've been perilously close.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Shepherd currently 132 off 150* having come in to bat at 7-110, maiden first class ton for him as well.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How come Joseph isn't being consistently no balled for his back foot cutting the return crease? It's happening multiple times every over
Mightn't even be watching for it, and in any case these days they seem to interpret it at the exact moment the tip of the foot touches the ground (at least when there's been replays for it), even though you can't observe that real time.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been catching up on today. Good christ almighty that miss by Dowrich off Young where he just refused to catch the ball after diving at it.

One of the worst pieces of keeping I've ever seen.

Flem274*

123/5
good day for the team. a shame youngs big early pad was exploited by the new rock and sounds like latham had a concentration lapse too many and finally paid for it.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Viv exemplified disdain, Kane exemplifies serenity. Just casually carved those 2 lollipops from Chase away. Great effort to wear down the pacers too.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Fine day all around for NZ, looks like Windies won a good toss and should have done better but they aren't the first top shelf attack to take their time to get lengths right. From what little I saw Latham was very sound, he's definitely improved as an opening bat while Kane looks set to put last season behind him. Wonder if NZ might regret not having a front line spin option especially if the pitch gets flatter.

Much respect to Roach for charging in and getting on with the job in the face of personal tragedy.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Strikes me that the pitch is actually not easy for batting, the ball kept doing interesting things right up to the 75th over. I kinda think 240 would be borderline enough to give NZ the advantage already, so having 8 wickets in hand is gravy. Nice to see KW looking like he's gotten over his post WC funk. Hope he goes on to make it a big one tomorrow.

Moss

Strikes me that the pitch is actually not easy for batting, the ball kept doing interesting things right up to the 75th over. I kinda think 240 would be borderline enough to give NZ the advantage already, so having 8 wickets in hand is gravy. Nice to see KW looking like he's gotten over his post WC funk. Hope he goes on to make it a big one tomorrow.
Yeah didn't watch enough to get an idea of how the pitch is playing but hearing all about how Windies were kept interested right through the final session. Possibly enough to put some doubt in the minds of a team having to bat last, if that's the case it'll be a good departure from the normal character of NZ pitches of late.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't NZ pitches progressively get better though? Think the wind aided movement too.

Flem274*

123/5
to answer a question way back, conway still at the ground as a concussion/covid sub.

caught the highlights. going off those and following on radio, sounds like the windies have repeated their previous two tours and bowled too short for nz conditions. im surprised the memo isn't out now for touring sides.

kane is amazing etc etc. doesn't need to be said.

young didn't get forward at all. typical middle order opener there, that's also the blundell dismissal. i know he has NZ A runs opening but nzc need to stop being cute and long term bat him at #4 or #5 if he forces his way in, because he'll score plenty in his natural spot.

latham just didn't get his bat in the way tbh. i don't really know how you miss that on 80.

the boss has his on drive going. he's in nick.

Flem274*

123/5
:lol: I love how Kippax has only two modes
1. eccentric/whimsical cricket fanatic
2. goes for the jugular
this hasn't been the case at all recently. i can't remember his last whimsical or eccentric post, and i say that as one of the 2-3 people who back him every year in our life or death off topic popularity contest because peak kippax is the best poster on this forum and a very kind man. it's just been a tiresome "south africans raise their kids great, here are videos of people who are not devon conway or wellingtonian being bad at cricket" agenda driven crusade blocky would be proud of.

it's all very well being the prophet when you're attacking the nzc aristocracy. when you turn your forks on your fellow peasants you're not funny, you're just a tosser. by the sounds of it nzfan does a lot for cricket in his community and he's a good poster who makes insightful points within the essays of extreme optimism 2007 you and i could have made.

nzfan (and straw man before him) is not the enemy and kippax knows that, he's just a target kippax can reach directly for catty internet points, which is beneath a man of his quality tbh.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Kane the most composed sportsman in the world currently? Mayweather, when active, is my first immediate answer, but I'm struggling out-with that...

The Hutt Rec

Is Kane the most composed sportsman in the world currently? Mayweather, when active, is my first immediate answer, but I'm struggling out-with that...
Was funny in the coverage today a couple of people (McCullum and Taylor I think?) separately said he’s a lot more relaxed at the crease now than he used to be. Makes you wonder how this manifests itself, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen him show emotion at any stage of his life.

Beamer

Sounds like we bowled very averagely and that Latham and Kane batted with the skill and discipline that they usually do. I watched the first session and I thought whilst we were definitely not at our best, Latham and Kane left balls in the right areas so well that our bowlers went searching. That is quality test batting. Unfortunately we don't have that in our armory.

I also have doubts about our attack when using the kookaburra ball. I don't know the stats, but they just look so much less effective with it. They move it less and their lines and lengths are less consistent. They really need to sort that out ASAP.

Flem274*

123/5
they need to get it fuller. the length that's a massive overpitching in australia is the length you get late hoop in nz with the kookaburra.

though with the old ball you're probably best off trying a bouncer barrage.