• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

banquetbear

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It certainly makes you seem rather unhinged and I'd refrain from it if you wish your posts not to be interpreted that way.
!?!?!?

...you can take my posts however you like. If you see me as an angry cat lady then you are welcome to see me as that. There was nothing unhinged about my post though.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I put so much emotion into that comma, btw. My whole heart and soul went into it. It bleeds my blood. Feels my pain. Cries my tears. ****s my women. Plays my cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm just pissed off that Bahnz et al. are making reasonable and logical arguments for not enforcing the follow on. It's almost as if we're allowed to have different opinions on things.
Opinions are like babies in China - everyone is allowed one.

However, an image showing a disappointed NZ and a happy chappy Australia seemed to be forming an opinion based solely on result. Hence my post.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
...I very much doubt that.

Can you point out the bits in the interview where you think Turner should have been censored? Because to be honest the whole thing seemed pretty tame to me.
I am done on the debate. I have noted that you think it was tame stuff for the record however. I have read your last post and you had some points I nodded my head to, Some I didn't agree with. But on the whole I thought it was an ok post so I didn't respond. Your best point is that for all we know both Turner and Coney may have already given it 100% behind closed doors. Talk to you later.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Opinions are like babies in China - everyone is allowed one.

However, an image showing a disappointed NZ and a happy chappy Australia seemed to be forming an opinion based solely on result. Hence my post.
You may be shocked to hear this, but I wasn't being entirely serious, and I've already made about 437 posts explaining in detail why I didn't think it was a good idea to enforce the follow-on. In other words, I'd earned the right to take the piss.

Mike5181

International Captain
So, anyway..

Fulton
Rutherford
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Anderson
Watling+
Sodhi
Southee
Wagner
Boult

Best team we've had in a while?

Flem274*

123/5
Well it would beat the team we fielded in the scorecard Bahnz linked a few pages back despite having a few of the same players. I can't believe we competed with Pakistan looking back at that batting line up and the nick it was in at the time.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well Taylor was arguably in better form then (at least in terms of consistency) then he is now. And we also had Vettori, balls-out O'Brien and McCullum all pretty much at their peaks. But yeah, this team definitely has more quality across the board.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So, anyway..

Fulton
Rutherford
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Anderson
Watling+
Sodhi
Southee
Wagner
Boult

Best team we've had in a while?
I tried to think of a good side containing Ryder, and McCullum opening - so here's one from the Gabba Test against Australia:

1. McCullum
2. Guptill
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. Ryder
6. Brownlie
7. Vettori
8. Young
9. Bracewell
10. Southee
11. Martin

I do think the batting in that side is better - you lose a bit with no Watling, and Guptill/McCullum probably isn't better overall than Fulton/Rutherford really, but it bats a spot deeper with Vettori at 7 and the keeper at 8, and Ryder is a step up from Anderson. The batting advantage is definitely negated by how much better Boult is than Martin and how much better New Southee is than Old Southee though IMO, even if you don't think there's really a big difference between Bracewell and Wagner (as I don't).

Flem274*

123/5
Rutherford/Fulton is way less fashionable than McCullum/Guptill but is a much better combination imo. Rutherford and Fulton have a pretty good average together despite Rutherford inevitably throwing it away in the 30s.

And KW now is better than the KW then too. We'll never really know how good or bad Young could have been since he was fired immediately but Watling is a lot better than him. Vettori and Ryder are big losses though.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
!?!?!?

...you can take my posts however you like. If you see me as an angry cat lady then you are welcome to see me as that. There was nothing unhinged about my post though.
I never said I thought you were unhinged or a mad cat lady. I just strongly advise that if you want to avoid misinterpretation ease up on the excessive punctuation a bit because like it or not that's one of the first impressions most people get from a post. It's not like it takes effort to cut out. Little things can make a large difference and "?!?!?!?" really does heat up the appearance of a post.

yeah I'm a parody of myself atm. Just what I referred to in the "Posting style" thread.