• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2014

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah tbf to you everybody has been missing the point you've made there -- even if, IMO, the argument following that point is completely misguided.
I'd like someone to explain WW's point with regards to Narine that we all missed. There seemed to be no point at all.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It might be doing him a favour knowing he might have to do a little remedial work now instead of regressing and being banned later.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like someone to explain WW's point with regards to Narine that we all missed. There seemed to be no point at all.
Well, more accurately it's what his pseudo-point is not.

He's never argued for a second that Narine's CL ban doesn't apply to the next IPL.

OverratedSanity

Well, more accurately it's what his pseudo-point is not.

He's never argued for a second that Narine's CL ban doesn't apply to the next IPL.
Well, we never said that he said that. We were laughing at him because he had no point and his posts made no sense. It was just a weird tangent which made everyone laugh.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
SMH sadly these guys are still lost in a world of petty bitterness Dan!!..no point trying to break it down as he just doesn't get it and neither does his sidekick.

Let them "laugh" amoungst eachother..maybe one day they'll find out why it's only them and no-one else.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
SMH sadly these guys are still lost in a world of petty bitterness Dan!!..no point trying to break it down as he just doesn't get it and neither does his sidekick.

Let them "laugh" amoungst eachother..maybe one day they'll find out why it's only them and no-one else.
Yes...we are the ones alone here.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
For all the 'discussion' going on the general behaviour in this thread however amusing makes me think that I'm on a different site, not Cricket web.

harsh.ag

Hey WW, this is a bad time for Windies cricket, and I know you are looking for the silver lining in the storm, and you know what, good for you. That's a good attitude.

I really hope the Windies players prioritize Windies cricket over IPL too, with or without any help/nudge from WICB. As it stands, Narine won't be a part of the competition anyways until he has been cleared. So that's a good start.

And believe me, if this did in fact make the IPL worse off, I would be happy. But the sad fact is that it will not. As other Indian fans have pointed out here, the IPL wouldn't suffer at all for lack of Narine and Gayle and Pollard and Bravo and Smith and Sammy when it comes to TV ratings or fan following.

And I realize it must be hurting and BCCI are a nice target to pour out frustration on (that's literally the only thing they are good for ffs ;)), but at the moment, their revenues are carrying WICB finances, whether we like it or not. WICB should have made sure this tour never imploded the way it did. BCCI will make their money regardless of what happens, and just wishing so won't make them worse off (believe me, we have been trying!).

Cheers :beer:

Daemon

I sorta used to stand up for WW from time to time but these last few pages...just no

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Good post Harsh

And apologies to anyone offended by the tone of some of my posts...i'm frustrated with the situation as it is while others have taken the opportunity to throw mud. But that's fine we can move on now and lets see what transpires in this sorry affair. The WICb are having an emergency meeting tonight about the whole fiasco so it should be interesting.

social

I sorta used to stand up for WW from time to time but these last few pages...just no
I think that he has been fine

His point re Narine didn't make a lot of sense but he hasn't been offensive, etc

One thing that has been missed is that players from the Caribbean are far less likely to get an IPL contract without first having had the exposure of playing for WI

It's almost a chicken and egg scenario