• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England 2012

BoyBrumby

Englishman
also to tell the truth I'm no convinced Gayle would make much difference to the scoreboards in the Tet series either.
Averages 41+ & has two test triple centuries, tbf. That puts him in some exulted company. Bradman, Lara & Sehwag the only others from memory?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Averages 41+ & has two test triple centuries, tbf. That puts him in some exulted company. Bradman, Lara & Sehwag the only others from memory?
Ok test batsman but that's all - massive FTB

Behaved disgracefully on the last tour to the UK - oooooooooooooooh it"s cold and I'm not getting paid enough to block a few balls

IMO. guy is a joke and WI are better off without him

Stapel

International Regular
I'm going to go to Lord's on day 1, day 2, day 3, and day 4 :) . I really, really hope the Windies make it a good contest!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm a fan, tbh.

Of him as a player, I hasten to add; suspect he's a bit of a tool in real life.

Remember him smacking Hoggy for 6 consecutive 4s in an over on the Windies last but one tour. Took a Michelle too, if memory serves.

All due respect to the younger Bravo, but I still think he'd be the second best batsman the Windies have. Third at worst.

Stapel

International Regular
I'm a fan, tbh.

Of him as a player, I hasten to add; suspect he's a bit of a tool in real life.

Remember him smacking Hoggy for 6 consecutive 4s in an over on the Windies last but one tour. Took a Michelle too, if memory serves.

All due respect to the younger Bravo, but I still think he'd be the second best batsman the Windies have. Third at worst.
I agree.

I've seen him play twice and that's not something I'll easily forget.

TBF, not only Gayle is a bit of a tool in real life. The WICB are too!

Jager

International Debutant
I am very interested to see how Roach handles the English conditions at this stage of his career. He bowled really well against Australia in unfavourable conditions, so it should be good to see if he can make the most of this tour.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think he might be more suited to flatter dry conditions, where he can hit back of a length. Think he might find it tougher to get the right length in English conditions. Hope not, though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Samuels's presence in the squad noteworthy tho and not just because he's a matchfixing chucker (:ph34r:); he has a current IPL contract too, does he not? One fails to see how he's more crucial to the Windies' chances than the other trio.
Samuels is contracted by the WICB so that sorts that out.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Ok test batsman but that's all - massive FTB

Behaved disgracefully on the last tour to the UK - oooooooooooooooh it"s cold and I'm not getting paid enough to block a few balls

IMO. guy is a joke and WI are better off without him
You say that seeing what his replacements have shown? He's the only decent opener we've produced in the last decade. Guaranteed games when he's available again after the IPL. Would expect he'll play the limited overs games.

mcl

Cricket Spectator
This would be an interesting series....england is always a tuff team to beat at home

mcl

Cricket Spectator
Should be disallowed from playing in any domestic comp including IPL if unavailable for national selection except in the case of age based or injury based retirement. Or some other genuine reason ala the depression cases.
In that case the play will choose IPL over his country since IPL and other T20 tournaments pay them much more