• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England 2012

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The weather is bloody awful which is never going to help, always feel it is a shame for them they are always tour early season these days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not really surprising though is it? I'd back most county attacks to skittle them for something similar at this stage in the tour.
Even Australia gave them a going over so of course they are going to struggle when they take the step up against our reserves

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if I'm happy with Dirtbag in the side, but Brooks certainly deserved it, Meaker is quick, if a bit rubbish. Coles got in for his early season form, and fair enough, think Barker may be the better long-term bet.
Disagree regarding Meaker, he is very good in the 4 day format.

Jacknife

International Captain
From 92/2 to 98/5 for the Lions, not very good at all but from the sound of things they're have been a a couple of jaffas to get rid of Carberry & Bell.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even Australia gave them a going over so of course they are going to struggle when they take the step up against our reserves
Taking the piss by sending the nightwatchman Bell in so early though

Should really show more respect

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the conditions, Sammy to come in for Shillingford, Edwards or Rampaul? I'd say Shillingford. In for Edwards is sensible too and I'd disagree entirely with bringing him in for Rampaul, but it would not be unexpected.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Edwards has to get the flick, was the weak link in the Aus series and England have seen and smashed him before. Averages 44 in 15 test matches against England.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Edwards has to get the flick, was the weak link in the Aus series and England have seen and smashed him before. Averages 44 in 15 test matches against England.
Yes. I'm starting to come around now. He is very good when in rhythm but that isn't often enough to keep his place in the team ahead of Roach, Rampaul, Sammy (who has the batting and captaincy factor) or Shillingford.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes. I'm starting to come around now. He is very good when in rhythm but that isn't often enough to keep his place in the team ahead of Roach, Rampaul, Sammy (who has the batting and captaincy factor) or Shillingford.
He is a bit similar to Devon Malcolm. When he gets it right he is deadly but those days don't happen often enough and he is either brilliant or rubbish with nothing inbetween.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta hand it to wee JT, the boy owns Loins' games. Seems to ton up in pretty much every FC game he plays for them.

Might be a helpful poke in the selectors' ribs too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Given the conditions, Sammy to come in for Shillingford, Edwards or Rampaul? I'd say Shillingford. In for Edwards is sensible too and I'd disagree entirely with bringing him in for Rampaul, but it would not be unexpected.
I know England are back at home now and it's a lot different, but with their struggles against spin in the winter I think it'd be madness to not at least have a crack at playing on some insecurities with a frontline spinner, regardless of the conditions.