• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's wet stuff which falls from the sky, but that's not important right now #whythangyou

Haven't had a Xmas-NY period as wet as this in Sydney for God knows how many years. Up to the week before Xmas it was pretty standard summer weather with 30 degree plus days and then a southerly change. Once our American house guests arrived on the 21st December, the weather went to ****. I blame them.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sydney decided it didn't want to be in Australia anymore, and preferred the style of England/New Zealand.
Conversely, in wet and windy Wellington, it was hot and sunny for all of the Christmas break, rained on the 2nd/3rd January and is now warm and sunny again. Unusual to say the least.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Holy crap.

WW would be gloating about how WI came away 0-2 just like New Zealand and showed off the talent of Bravo and the Braithwaites.

This is so frustrating. I can actually still sense his opinions.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy crap.

WW would be gloating about how WI came away 0-2 just like New Zealand and showed off the talent of Bravo and the Braithwaites.

This is so frustrating. I can actually still sense his opinions.
Heh. I can almost see his posts.

Although tbf to him, nz were terrible too. What is it with Australia these days? Even good teams go there and play piss.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Heh. I can almost see his posts.

Although tbf to him, nz were terrible too. What is it with Australia these days? Even good teams go there and play piss.
We were terrible in one game, even in the second and the third was also even.

We did bowl pretty terribly throughout though. Starc was a major factor in our series against Australia.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
So with Day 4 being washed out, Day 5 looks like it will be a very pointless day of test cricket. Only point of interest would be if the teams choose to make it a pseudo-one day match with WI declaring overnight, Australia batting the first half of the day and WI trying to match their score in the second half.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
So what do we think? Have the current Windies performed better or worse than the party that went down 5-0 in Australia in 2000/01?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
2001 no question, gave us Marlon Samuels.
Do you mean 2001 were worse?

If so then I gotta agree, they had enough firepower in that team to at least draw one of the tests. After that series the Frank Worrell trophy was permanently demoted from a 5-Test series to a 3-Test series. After this current tour, I can see the Worrell trophy getting demoted to a 2-Test affair. Sad, I know.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Do you mean 2001 were worse?

If so then I gotta agree, they had enough firepower in that team to at least draw one of the tests. After that series the Frank Worrell trophy was permanently demoted from a 5-Test series to a 3-Test series. After this current tour, I can see the Worrell trophy getting demoted to a 2-Test affair. Sad, I know.

Its not sad, the West Indies are ****ing pathetic. Theyre ****ing frustating as well. The talent is there, hidden behind all the bull**** of the WICB

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Hah that's a weird one. Unless Holder has said in the media somewhere that there'll be no immediate declaration.