• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When India toured NZ in the late '90s there was a test in Dunedin that was washed out, and by the fifth day they decided to just give up and play a one-day game instead (although IIRC it didn't carry official ODI status). Something similar here today might have given viewers a bit more entertainment?

I guess the difference is that test never even got underway, whereas this one has. But still.

EDIT: This is the test in question: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/64146.html

Last edited:

morgieb

9 straight into the declaration talk lol. Never change.
tbf, there's probably some logic towards it. The series is already decided and playing conventionally doesn't really do anyone any favours.

Outside the line IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Declare and then what? bowl Australia out twice?

Unless there is an agreement of a declaration from Australia Windies won't really get much from declaring.

morgieb

Declare and then what? bowl Australia out twice?

Unless there is an agreement of a declaration from Australia Windies won't really get much from declaring.
The way that the comms were suggesting it was an agreement with Australia, setting them a target later in the day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
imagine you loaded up on the draw and didn't hedge your bet, and then the captains made an agreement to force a result.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If anything they should agree to make it a one-innings game IMO. I think anything else would be too contrived and biased towards what happens towards the end of the game, but a one-innings game would be entirely fair and not put any more emphasis on what happens after this than what's gone before.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never thought i'd say this, but thank god Brayshaw came in to cut off Slats spew of Toyota advertising.

Spark

Global Moderator
Obviously inside edged, bounced about 3 inches over the stumps and very legside-ish and Warne is convinced, convinced it's out

Spikey

cant believe sok got two wickets off the cut and neither of them were bowled/lbw. i want my money back