• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Shady Slim

International Coach
i was at the game but heard the commentary of it when i got home and loved warnie effectively saying "**** off that's your fault samuels lol"

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a manipulative Regina George figure hating the sight of filler like Janis, probably. Like Pietersen with James Taylor.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he dropped a few not-so-subtle lines about how he apparently gets a massive advantage from playing half his games at the SCG before the day's play started as well, and then went on to call him a T20 bowler. Then in the break he led a segment about how spinners should look to spin the ball first and then work on accuracy from there. Transparent agenda all day.
It felt like it was designed to denigrate MacGill as well -- "second spinners should spin the ball big", i.e. Stuey was never more than a second spinner because he only had the big rip; "second spinners only play in helpful conditions", i.e. Stuey your average is inflated (deflated?) by not having to play on unhelpful decks like I did.

And I think someone posted on here years ago that SoK has never really been considered 'one of the boys' -- different interests away from the game that meant he never quite gelled with key figures, or something. And I don't think Warne has ever been a fan of those types.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"We used to joke around saying you didn't know which Steve O'Keefe was going to turn up. One week he'd be there in the change rooms reading a book on the Shaolin way with the Buddhist monks. You sort of didn't know what to expect."

Compton

International Debutant
Warne's right, O'Keefe can't read books when he could be boozing with the lads. Disgraceful decision to play him.

cnerd123

likes this
A spinner who doesn't spin the ball and contributes with bat and in the field? And he reads philosophy too?

I'm a fan.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Was K Brathwaite's haul in Sri Lanka any good at all? I mean, two jammy wickets could take this.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Every time I see Gilly in the commentary box for BBL I find it hard to believe that he was such a destructive batsman.