• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Uruguay v Netherlands (Semi Final 1)

R_D

International Debutant
Good defending....
Sneijder such a hot head.... No need to push like that.

Get up you cheat:p

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha ha what a skipper's goal from Gio!! 1-0 the Dutch.
And speaking of skippers' goals...

Forlan such a complete forward these days. Though on second viewing the Dutch 'keeper should have done better there.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
Good goal that. Although keeper good of done better.... Forlan the only good thing about this team.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm backing them because I stand to win money for that. A much more noble reason than backing cheaters. :ph34r:

SilentStriker having far too much influence on this forum when cheaters are revered.
It's not cheating. He knew the punishment and he openly did it knowing it. It's knowing the rules and openly using them to help your team.

And if you aren't willing to cop a one game suspension to guarantee your team a spot in the semi final, you shouldn't be playing on a team.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think people are rather understating the magnitude of the keeper's ****-up. It was a regulation curling shot and he completely botched it, wasn't one that randomly swerved or anything.

Other than that not sure how the teams scraped two goals out of that half with Dirk Kuyt, not many men committed forward, Dirk Kuyt, incompetent linesmanship, decent and well organised defences and Dirk Kuyt.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How awesome was Forlan's goal. Went nuts!

Keeper ****ed it up, but still Forlan made some space and took the shot. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think people are rather understating the magnitude of the keeper's ****-up. It was a regulation curling shot and he completely botched it, wasn't one that randomly swerved or anything.
Looked like he came in off his line a bit when he had no reason to. Was a bit weird.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's not cheating. He knew the punishment and he openly did it knowing it. It's knowing the rules and openly using them to help your team.

And if you aren't willing to cop a one game suspension to guarantee your team a spot in the semi final, you shouldn't be playing on a team.
Haha, nah mate it is cheating.

If I try and cheat in an exam by bringing in papers I'm not allowed to do, it is cheating. It doesn't make a difference if I'm caught and the punishment is an instant fail, or I'm caught and the punishment is that I have to stand in the corner for 2 minutes, which I'd be more than happy to do in order to have the advantage of the papers.

If you break the law, knowing the punishment and accept being caught, you still have committed a criminal act.

Hence if you break a rule in sport, even if you know the punishment and accept it, you still have cheated.

And I never said Suarez shouldn't have done what he did for his country. It isn't a reason to support the team though. You'd think players that can get through by largely following the rules would be the ones to support.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, nah mate it is cheating.

If I try and cheat in an exam by bringing in papers I'm not allowed to do, it is cheating. It doesn't make a difference if I'm caught and the punishment is an instant fail, or I'm caught and the punishment is that I have to stand in the corner for 2 minutes, which I'd be more than happy to do in order to have the advantage of the papers.

If you break the law, knowing the punishment and accept being caught, you still have committed a criminal act.

Hence if you break a rule in sport, even if you know the punishment and accept it, you still have cheated.

And I never said Suarez shouldn't have done what he did for his country. It isn't a reason to support the team though. You'd think players that can get through by largely following the rules would be the ones to support.
OK, can you count the number of players who are pulling on shirts on a corner kick?

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Of course it's cheating. Deliberate breaking of any sport's agreed rules is exactly that.

Wasn't guaranteeing his team a semi-final slot either, if Gyan hadn't jibbed the pen he'd just be another footnote.

Anyway, very weird half. Was definitely hoping for more from the Dutch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
OK, can you count the number of players who are pulling on shirts on a corner kick?
You point to me the post where I said I support *ENTER TEAM* because they pull opposition players shirts in the penalty box, and I'll get back to you.

My point was supporting a player/team because he intentionally cheats is incredible.