• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I tuned in when the flag bearers were entering. Switched off before the flame was lit. What I saw was highlights interspersed with tedious moments (speeches to long).

Shady Slim

International Coach
i enjoyed the country introductions and found the names on the standard being written in the manga style speech bubble a neat touch

i felt the ceremony itself was pretty good, i'm glad they didn't lean too much in to the "weird japan" thing for the orientalists, felt it was pretty on point across the board

Chubb

International Regular
I found the whole thing very sad. My partner and I fell in love with Japan when we visited Osaka and Kyoto in 2017: we had booked to go to Tokyo and Hokkaido in June last year. Just thinking about what could have been :(

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Opening ceremony drinking game - take a shot every time you don't recognise a country name.

The best flag BTW is Ethiopia's flag.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Decent crowd out for the road race. I had thought there would be more anti-Olympics placards but I guess security has taken care of that