• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Howe_zat

Audio File
The first story is the USA women's football team having their unbeaten run hit a wall against Sweden. 3-0 to the underdogs.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I liked the US previews going "are the Olympics too easy for US women's soccer" a few days ago

Anyway yes it's a bit dubious it's going ahead but it's probably safer than the Euros were

Howe_zat

Audio File
I liked the US previews going "are the Olympics too easy for US women's soccer" a few days ago

Anyway yes it's a bit dubious it's going ahead but it's probably safer than the Euros were
While I'm sure there are plenty of examples of Yank hubris out there to mock, the quoted ESPN article does seem to be mainly about the failings of the format more than anything else, and does acknowledge Sweden and Netherlands as strong teams. Headline editor doing the writer a bit of disservice.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Opening ceremony news:

- Cornelius, the guy who's composing the opening ceremony resigned based on an interview he gave like 25 years ago where he described bullying (and this is Japanese bullying so it's pretty horrendous) a disabled kid and laughing about it.
- Shinzo Abe isn't going

Howe_zat

Audio File
1626941428759.png

Anyone know why this refers to a 3-2 win and not a protest where the team walks off the pitch? I thought there was controversy on seeing the headline.

Spark

Global Moderator
Opening ceremony news:

- Cornelius, the guy who's composing the opening ceremony resigned based on an interview he gave like 25 years ago where he described bullying (and this is Japanese bullying so it's pretty horrendous) a disabled kid and laughing about it.
- Shinzo Abe isn't going
Was that the Opening Ceremony organiser who was fired for making Holocaust jokes or was that a different guy who got fired

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
8 mins to go. I see we also have Honduras and Romania in our group, so if we get the win there's a decent chance of going through.