• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Edgbaston

R_D

International Debutant
I was bit surprised that Raina played this match..... i guess this should be the end of his test career for a while unless he scores runs in second innings... i hope he doesn't.

hopefully Kohli will get a chance in the next match and he does well.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha not gonna lie, I've seen both MS and Praveen do this before. Getting hit and the ball going for a 4.

Must be that Rajput trait.. the whole "we don't bow down to anyone" thing

tooextracool

International Coach
I was bit surprised that Raina played this match..... i guess this should be the end of his test career for a while unless he scores runs in second innings... i hope he doesn't.
I'm actually quite surprised with how highly rated Raina was before his latest International stint, you'd think he was a demi-God in domestic cricket. Except, when you look at his record, it is fairly average especially for someone playing in the subcontinent and does not even compare to the Badrinaths, Kohlis, Tiwarys and Pujaras. It is a wonder how both him and Yuvraj have been given ample opportunities at the test match level despite ordinary FC records while the likes of Tiwary and Badrinath have really been screwed over.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Swann hasn't bowled well this series. Though there is something to take comfort in the fact that he's bowled poorly rather than him looking out of his depth. Also, don't think hes been helped by the fact that the pitches have by and large favored seamers and there has been little for the spinners.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Gonna be interesting to see what Strauss does now because all his seamers a pretty big chuck of overs, I guess he was hoping for a brain explosion from Praveen which (thankfully) hasn't happened yet.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This will be crucial.

I don't know how good Praveen can be against spin though. Always mainly seem him against fast bowlers, even in ODI's.

Fusion

Global Moderator
From Cricinfo:

Cricinfo said:
"Just woke up here in California and saw the score: Sehwag 0, Sachin 1. This shows what I have believed all along, that Sachin is an infinitely better batsman than Sehwag in English conditions." Good stuff, Mac
:laugh: