• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Johnson's been better, but 2/92 is about fair for me. Has sprayed it down leg a fair bit, especially to the cack-handers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How much better than all the other Aussie bowlers is Hilfenhaus? It's amazing.
This.

Would like to go on the record on saying how wrong I was on Hilfenhaus for this series. I still have concerns on his bowling in other forms and in other countries, but he has been fantastic this series. The Duke Ball and it's late swing have really made a difference, and Hilf looks a completely different bowler when it's swinging late than from the hand.

Top Cat and others - I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson's been better, but 2/92 is about fair for me. Has sprayed it down leg a fair bit, especially to the cack-handers.
I think he has been poor, though I guess it is all relative.

He has been lined up and had below-average control. Nice change of pace but that only really works when you are being targeted and seen as a weak link

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure Johnson has looked overly threatening. 2-90 seems fair enough.
Personaly think he's been a fair bit better than that. Not like he's deserved a hatful, but he's been pretty good imo. Hilf the best by far though.

pup11

International Coach
Burgey said:
On a side note, Manou's keeping has been first rate again today. Really seems to glove them well.
Hardly surprising that, is arguably the best keeper in Australia along with maybe Hartley, and I think neither is his batting as bad as some people have suggested it to be.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd leave the fielders on the boundary for the 5th and 6th ball of the over. You may have your one run per over to milk the strike Stuart.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
I think he has been poor, though I guess it is all relative.

He has been lined up and had below-average control. Nice change of pace but that only really works when you are being targeted and seen as a weak link
Love to hear your thoughts on siddle.

Johnson had bell plumb atleast twice, don;t forget that.