• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
That was very sweet last night, and Rafa crying:sadwalk:

That era did hugely benefit from the courts been slowed down overall, but when Rafa, RogeR and Novak were all at such a high level with Murray pushing them and Stan/Del Potro and to a lesser extent Berdych/Ferrer and erm Tsonga , these were undeniably peak tennis years.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
That was very sweet last night, and Rafa crying:sadwalk:

That era did hugely benefit from the courts been slowed down overall, but when Rafa, RogeR and Novak were all at such a high level with Murray pushing them and Stan/Del Potro and to a lesser extent Berdych/Ferrer and erm Tsonga , these were undeniably peak tennis years.
C’mon man don’t dilute it by mentioning Berdych, Ferrer and Tsonga in the same breath as the other 6…?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
C’mon man don’t dilute it by mentioning Berdych, Ferrer and Tsonga in the same breath as the other 6…?
It simply shows the depth of talent in that era. Berdych, Ferrer and Tsonga would probably be highly ranked if playing some of the latest crop.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
what are everyone's semifinal picks for the wta tour finals? i think it will be swiatek, garcia, jabeur and pegula...

ashley bach

International Captain
Young Danish sensation Holger Rune with the victory beating Novak in the ATP final in Paris.
Serving for the match and down 0-30 he subsequently gets to deuce before fighting off 6 break points to finally take it out after a gruelling last game.
After losing the first set, he converted all 3 break point chances in the match as well as serving big to take it off Novak.
This 19 year old has got the goods, and Denmark finally have a serious tennis player!

Niall

International Coach
fk me the one time I don't bother betting her ,,ah well.

It seems a relatively lacklustre event sadly with low attendances from what I have seen.

Ladies tour not in a great place, Iga is very good but she is not the most box office of players and it does not help that so few slam winners follow it up while the tour desperately needs rivalries.