• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
actually rafter had an underrated serve and a fantastic first volley, i rate him a better volleyer than sampras, i think he would have fared well in any era...sampras volleyed well mainly because his outstanding serve (maybe the greatest second serve of all time) set up (comparatively) easier volleys...as pure volleyers mcenroe, edberg and rafter were all better and becker was able to cover more ground by athletically lunging at the ball while covering the net...i agree about krajicek and stich....they wouldn't have been able to do much in today's "homogenized" conditions...
Yeah I loved Rafter. Brilliant to watch his athleticism at the net. But Sampras's volleying was awesome even though he did have arguably the greatest serve of all time to back it up.

I keep watching the highlights of this match every now and then, this style of tennis has nearly died out. Both Federer and Sampras serve-and-volleyed on both first and second serves. Federer won his first two Wimbledons playing like that most of the time.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I loved Rafter. Brilliant to watch his athleticism at the net. But Sampras's volleying was awesome even though he did have arguably the greatest serve of all time to back it up.

I keep watching the highlights of this match every now and then, this style of tennis has nearly died out. Both Federer and Sampras serve-and-volleyed on both first and second serves. Federer won his first two Wimbledons playing like that most of the time.
Man, hard to remember a time you just donned whites in tennis.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raonic playing these set points in a particularly stupid manner.

Also looks like he's stolen Umesh Yadav's nostrils.

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
Volleying from milos pretty average today, has to really improve his volleying. Technically I think it must be hard for him to be a good volleyer since his centre of gravity is so high.

DriveClub

International Regular
Good win from nadal, milos struggled in the slightly faster centre court, his volleying was completely off and looks like he picked up an injury during the match as well. Overall a game he'd like to forget.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Saturday too.

Williams vs Williams
Federer vs Nadal

Actually even if Lucic makes it, its a throw back.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Betting on dimitrov to beat nadal, he's been in simply sublime form this year.
Yep... think I shall be doing same.
In other thoughts...can't do with Nadal getting through to the final... would love to see a Dimitrov-Stan final. But wouldn't mind a Fed -Dimitrov one either.