• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

DriveClub

International Regular
I think dimitrov and raonic have a good chance here to win a GS, nadal and federer have won too many

Edit- I forgot Stan, he's the favourite now

Niall

International Coach
I think dimitrov and raonic have a good chance here to win a GS, nadal and federer have won too many

Edit- I forgot Stan, he's the favourite now
Milos will probably be slight fav with bookies once they update after this result.

Better half of the draw.

Niall

International Coach
Milos is good but his tactics are a bit sus imo makes questionable decisions when someone gets on top of him
Maybe, but he should have got to the final last year, I like his draw a lot. Dimitrov, Goffin and Thiem the best players in his side, all players he should beat if on song.

Then Stan, Federer or Kei in the final, no fears their either especially as he had wins over the 2 Switzerland lads in Slams last year.

DriveClub

International Regular
Maybe, but he should have got to the final last year, I like his draw a lot. Dimitrov, Goffin and Thiem the best players in his side, all players he should beat if on song.

Then Stan, Federer or Kei in the final, no fears their either especially as he had wins over the 2 Switzerland lads in Slams last year.
He lost to dimitrov in Dubai semi just before the slam, dimitrov is in red hot form atm

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely gutting. He really deserves at least one Australian before he's done.

Wide open tournament now. Imagine a Federer/Nadal final! Probably not likely.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ch 7 have really dropped the ball only having one of the 3 stations showing tennis today. The matches on Rod Laver are good matches for sure but it is pretty poor that we've not been able to watch Stan, Muguruza, Tsonga etc today on TV.

EDIT - So Raonic's match could be a tie-break in the first set (since it may start 1 hour earlier) and 7 will cut to Gavrilova pre-match since she is an Aussie.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roger is dancing around the court now. It's incredible how well he's maintained his level and his body to be able to play this well against a top player at 35.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Good win by Federer. Especially after his 6 month break. Hope he goes further in this open.

flibbertyjibber

Ability still there, only question is whether the fitness will be to back it up again after a tough match. Hope it is but looks like Stan could be heading for grand slam win number 4 next weekend.

Burgey

Wouldn't he have to beat Needles on the way to the final?